FB question...newsfeed

Nomad

Staff member
So, I friended this person who ended up being peculiar and a bit worrisome. ( see earlier post)

I learned how to change her to an acquaintance. So, when I post, I can just post to friends only.

I went to a section called "news feed" and it gives me an option to uncheck the "following," box, which I did.

My objective is to NOT have her stuff on my newsfeed, I'm assuming that will work. Right?

And by making her an acquaintance, my stuff won't be on hers.

All ok so,far? I particularly don't want her to see my stuff, unless I make it so...which will be very rarely from this point forward.

Is there any way that I can make it so she won't see things I "like," or will what I've already done make that happen? Or is it not possible unless I unfriend her?

Thank you. PS can someone move this Watercooler???? Oops

Lil

I'm not 100% sure, but go to the privacy shortcuts - the little padlock in the upper right hand corner. You should be able to figure out most everything from there.

witzend

You have to make your stuff visible only to "Friends EXCEPT Acquaintances". Acquaintances are friends. Then when something from her newsfeed shows up click on the little down arrow in the upper right hand corner and click "hide". There it will give you the option of whether to just hide "this thing", or say she's posting things from "XMAN MANIA" page, you can hide "XMAN MANIA" page there, or you can hide all from her.

Just remember, every time you change to send out to "Friends", everything will go to friends until you change it back to "Friends except Acquaintances".

Nomad

Staff member
Sorry such stupid questions, but this one is actually kind of important in a way.

I have my daughter in law listed as a close friend. I can't find "relative" choice.
No matter, really.

BUT, since I changed it to "friends and not acquaintances," I don't think she can see my posts. Is this possible???????

Lil

BUT, since I changed it to "friends and not acquaintances," I don't think she can see my posts. Is this possible???????

I actually don't think so...unless she has you friended in such a way that she doesn't see every post you make. I think you can still do that. Or...maybe she has you as something other than "close friend"?

I'd do something like...post a status that says, "I'm changing my FB page and friends list a bit. If you can see this, please post a comment so I know." and specifically tell her to look for the post.

Worth a try.