Feedback on psychiatrists in NC?

jasonthebaker

Does anyone know of a good child psychiatrist in the Lexington, Salisbury, Kannapolis, Concord, High Point, Thomasville, Winston-Salem, or Greensboro area in North Carolina? We are willing to drive, but we want some feedback from parents. Has anyone found a great doctor?

We have a 7 year-old with an assortment of emotional/mental issues. She currently goes to XXXXX, but only sees the psychiatrist ~ 2 x's a year. She sees therapists the rest of the time. They have not done any pyschological testing on her & I haven't seen progress in the 1+ years we've gone; other than the medications, which seem to be helping. But we still haven't gotten to what the problem is or why she has sudden violent tantrums over insignificant things, out of the blue and being unpredictable. I've read countless books & she seems to fit the label for all sorts of things. I need a good dr. who can figure her out.

Last edited by a moderator:

smallworld

Welcome Jason! I'm glad you found us, but sorry you needed to.

I've deleted the name of the facility your daughter attends to protect your family's privacy. The policy of this site is not to mention any doctors or programs by name. If anyone is interested in providing you with specific recommendations, they must use use our our PM (private message) system to convey that information to you.

As a general rule, we recommend to parents that they have their children evaluated by a neuropsychologists to figure out what is going on when the picture is not clear. Neuropsychologists can be found at children's and university teaching hospitals.

Again, welcome.