Feel GREAT~~~Thank you

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I've been posting so many 'woe is me' threads these past few months, I wanted to make sure I posted another now that I am feeling much much better.

I think the combination of upping the prozac and STOPPING the vicodon was the answer. My God, it took me almost all weekend to come out of the vicodin fog, but I am happy to report that it has made a huge difference in my outlook, sense of self, and appreciation for everything that is going well in my life.

By clearing my head, I am able to better focus on things concerning mother in law, my work, my goals, spending time with my mom, cooking, baking, holiday prep, sharing, etc. Everything seems better.

Seriously, Vicodin is the DEVIL for me apparently. I have no tolerance for anything that drags me down like that. Years ago I tried Ambien to help with sleep and it did the same thing. Can't believe I didn't pick up on it sooner. For now, I am just taking Tylenol for the pain in my knee at night and sucking it up - I have no alternative at this time and the last thing I want to do is try another drug.

Thanks to so many of you who listened to me and heard what I was saying and offered the support I needed to get through this. I had no one who understands in real life but you all did and your compassion came flowing and helped me more than I can express. ♥ to all - have a blessed holiday and safe travels.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad you're feeling better Jo.

Vicodin has a tendency to do that to many people. One reason I don't see why people would choose to abuse it.

If the tylenol isn't working you can ask doctor to try one of the non narcotic pain relievers and see if that helps more.

Hugs

trinityroyal

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better Jo.
Fingers crossed that you are able to find an alternative that helps with the pain.

Trinity

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love it when my friends feel better! :bigsmile:

I know the feeling on Vicodin... Except I never get that far, it comes back up...

DDD

Awesome! I'm delighted that you're up and in gear for the holiday weekend. Thanks for taking time to post the positive update. Hugs. DDD

Steely

Glad you are feeling better :)
Every medication is so different for every person - we have to truly be our own advocates. Vicodan makes me hyper, itchy, and almost manic. I have heard from others that it does the same - but most doctors don't tell you it *can* be a side effect because it is not in the top 80%. We can only take care of ourselves, for sure.

I am so glad things are feeling better for you!
I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!!:thanksgiving2:
HUGS!!!!