Feel like vomiting... just trying to get through the day (prostitution)

P

PatriotsGirl

(((HUGS))) I feel your pain....when I let my mind think about the things my daughter could possibly be doing out there, it is pure pain and torture. I am having a really hard time lately, too.....hang in there hon. :(

Mom2oddson

Bean,
Sorry I'm coming into this so late. I will be keeping your daughter and you in my prayers. {{{{HUGS}}}} Wish there was more that I could do.

Nancy

Bean hard as it is to hear I believe susiestar is correct. She says the things that the substance abuse counselors told us in rehab about addicts and their thinking and behavior. I wanted to say not my difficult child, she's different. But in my heart I knew she was just as sneaky and manipulative as all the others in there. We have to accept that our difficult child's are living the life they choose to live at this point in time. Somehow we have to find a way to live our lives and not allow their choices to continue to affect our quality of life. For me I had to not let my mind go to certain places. I had to find something else to do to quickly change what I was thinking so I didn't dwell on what my difficult child could be doing or how she was living. I had to give up thinking I had any control over what she did. I had to find other things to be happy about.

I wish none of us had to know the kind of pain that comes when our child is in trouble and making the kind of choices that we know will eventually destroy them.

Nancy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending more hugs and prayers for strength for you.

There was a brief period of time when my difficult child did something similar. She would dress sexy and go clean guys' apartments. She told me she was cleaning houses to earn money, but I caught her leaving one day dressed as a streetwalker and confronted her. She initially denied it but later, after a couple of glasses of wine acknowledged what she was doing (there is more involved but I don't want to put it here). Later still, as in a YEAR later, she confided in me that she also had sex with these guys (they were once her classmates in elementary/middle/high school, ugh). I know how you feel about wanting to just vomit. Thankfully, this was a very short career stint for my difficult child - I hope you can say the same one day.

Blessings to you and yours, you are doing the right thing by protecting the rest of your family. Now protect yourself and don't accept her calls, etc., until you can be certain she's growing.

T

troubled

I'm sending up some prayers and gentle (((hugs))) for you. Unfortunately, I can imagine your pain.