Feeling anxious & find this meditation helpful

S

Signorina

I'm really on edge, difficult child was late tonight. H was sleeping & I didn't want to wake him nor did I want to get into it at 1am w difficult child. So now, difficult child's home & asleep and I am up & can't quiet my mind.

Coincidentally, my daily meditation on recovery just arrived & really spoke to me. I am posting a bit of it-it can be found in its entirety here: NACR Daily Meditation : Natl. Assoc. for Christian Recovery. (It's a Christian site geared to ppl in recovery fwiw)

"We are anxious because we think we have to take care of everything and everybody. We are anxious because we believe we cannot be happy unless we can control the people we love. We are anxious because life's problems are more than we can handle, but we try to handle them on our own anyway...
...I am anxious...
And I feel guilty about feeling anxious.
And I feel anxious about feeling guilty.
And I feel anxious about feeling guilty about feeling anxious.
Help!
I am overwhelmed by all I am trying to do.
I need (an) invitation to serenity."

Thought it was worth sharing...

wastedpotential

I just registered and read your post and the daily meditation quote really spoke to me. So did your signature line. That's how I feel every single day.

Glad I found this place.

Tiredof33

Thank you for the site! I am trying so hard to shake the girlfriend's nasty emails and phone messages telling me that it is all my fault that difficult child is the way he is. She really knows how to hurt me and make me feel guilty.
I'm trying to shake it off! At 33 I think difficult child is old enough to be responsible for himself and there is nothing I can do.
Trying to turn it over to God again. Exercise and meditation helps, and hobbies. But I am so tired of it and the stress can suck all of the eneregy out of me.
I'm very glad I found this forum too!
Have a blessed day, you deserve it!

Kathy813

Staff member
wastedpotential, welcome to the CD community! Please start another thread and tell us about yourself and your story.

~Kathy

lovemysons

Signorina,
I can sure relate about the having trouble quieting the mind.

Last night daughter in law and grandbabies spent the night with me while husband was out of town.
Grandson woke up this morning and asked, "Is daddy here?" Made me so sad.
Then, my daughter in law goes on to tell me of a panic attack she had the other night awoken from her sleep.

So here it is 2:30am and I am thinking heavily about my young difficult child and his family. .
I just said this prayer...

G-d,
I turn my son over to the care of Thee to do with Thee as thy will...I trust that You love him as much as I do."

This helped...and am hoping I can continue to leave my difficult child in G-ds hands. I know I have a tendency to want to take back my "own power".

It is so hard to Let go and let G-d. But sometimes we are finally at the end of the rope...and there just is no other choice.

LMS