Feeling down ...

Pandora

Hi Star,

I have spoken to his teacher, the school nurse, the social worker. His teacher said she was not aware of the recess situation, the nurse said she would speak to the school psychologist about it. So right now they are going to observe to see if this situation is as described. I would tend to believe my son, but he has a tendency to exaggerate at times, so a little observation wouldn't hurt.

I would be very surprised if any of the children even noticed his absence, as virtually no one interacts with him except when they have to. I think your Mom might have overdone it a bit bringing the McD's into the building every day; I guess I'm just not that nervy. My purpose in taking him out wasn't for him to be able to brag about it; it was so he'd get to be with someone who wanted to be with him. I admit I'd be there every day if I thought it was a good idea, but after reading some here I have decided to limit it to no more than once a week. At least for now.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sounds like you're on the right track -

Oh and Mom didn't do McDonalds every day - just once in a great while - but still....when I finally told her that everyone made fun of me - it stopped. She REALLY was just trying to help me get a lunch.

My mom is the "original" figure it out for yourself with my support person.