feeling great and lost weight.

Jody

I lost 7 lbs the first week and this last week I lost 6 lbs. Using Red palm oil and taking green coffee by SVETOL and eating right. Oh yeah and I added hemp seeds back into my diet. I am not having many issues related to fibromyalga at the moment and I have not had one rosacea attack this week or last week. I have been eating my trigger foods in abundance and nothing. I eat almost 1/2 a yellow onion everyday sauted in the red palm oil and I get nothing, 3 weeks ago I couldnt touch an onion, within minutes rosacea flared up and I would look ridiculous. I don't know if it'sjust an over all better diet or the large amounts of Vitamin A and E found in the palm oil. But regardless these things seem to be working wonderfully. I am going to keep doing it. I do wish that I didnt have so much too lose. That's the extra bonus, (the weight loss) but feeling good and being awake and not sluggish is definately the most important benefit of all.

cubsgirl

Congratulations. Once I heal from the gallbladder surgery I just had I need to get serious about diet and excercise. I need to lose 60-70 lbs if I am honest with myself. Good Job!

That's wonderful. Wow, that is a lot of weight to lose. Is this a specific diet or one you figured out for yourself? My husband wants to lose some weight but he will only be able to stay on a diet for 2 weeks. If he sees that much progress, he may stay on it. How exactly so you use the red palm oil? Thanks and congrats on your weight loss!!

InsaneCdn

UAN... if your hubby wants to lose weight without going on a diet... he could try dropping all WHEAT - not simple, but can be done. Example... breakfast? skip the bread, have hot oatmeal instead (but not cream of wheat...). Lunch, skip the sandwich... chef's salad (meat and cheese on top of a tossed salad), or real meal (potatoes, meat, veggies), or chinese food (rice is fine)... you get the drift.

It takes work, but I'm never hungry... and not as tired. This is not the same as gluten free (oats and barley, in particular, have significant gluten... but it is different than wheat gluten, and the problem with wheat isn't just the gluten)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good for you for taking care of YOU!!! Awesome about the weight loss but even better about how great you feel and that your usual trigger foods aren't bothering you! Yay!

Jody

Iuse the red palm oil everyday, with some vegetable, zuccinni, onions, peppers. I use it with mushrooms and soups and eggs. It is reall good. I take Svetol Green coffee supplement also, mentioned on Dr. Oz, and I eat my hemp seed, with my greek yogurts in the morning, I have a pint of blackberries, lunch, is something healthy, usually soup that I made at home, and then dinner something healthy too, like Tilapia, cooked in the red palm oil. I don't feel deprived because I am geting a lot in quantity. I just made it up myself, I looked at my health problems and then try to eat foods that best help those problems. Spinach, for Iron issues, Eggs for B12, mushrooms, and red peppers for arthritis, hemp for everything, and vitamin E and K I get from the Red palm oil.

Jody

Okay, this is really crazy, got up this morning and didnt have any pants clean or so I thought. Opened my closet and found a pair of green army colored pants that I have not been able to wear in forever. I put them on and I expected a struggle, lol, like the kind that you have to lay down and shimmy into. I pulled them right up and they fit and are not even snug. I have lost a total of 19 lbs in almost three weeks time. I won't be seeing easy child for a few months and I so want to surprise her with a grand weight loss. She won't be home till end of April and when she gets home, I will be thinner, have a new home, new car and I think I'll get some highlights for my hair. Seriously thinking about a small tatoo too. Maybe a small cardinal, my grandma's favorite bird.

Jody

CJ-Thanks. I love the way I feel. It never makes any sense to me that I struggle so much with weight. I love to eat healthy and I feel good and look better, and then one morning I wake up maybe after 6 or 7 months of doing wonderful and I go back to my old ways and gain what I lost and then some. I am so praying that I can catch myself when that day comes and not go back and ruin everything. Ugh, that's scary for me. My daughters are both thin and I would love to be able to be a more normal size and walk along side them and be just the right size.

Calamity Jane

You will! You will - I have FAITH in you! Your life is taking an upturn and when all the positives from the weight loss, new home, new car bring you CONFIDENCE you will stick with it.
Last night I caught a little bit of the Dr. Oz rerun, and he was talking about a japanese green tea powder called Matcha, which, when mixed with ginger, actually can help to burn extra calories, even when not exercising. Never heard of it. I think I'll try mixing it with some diet ginger ale and see what happens. He says it tastes really good...we'll see.

Jody

Thank you so much. I'll have to go and find yesterdays episode. I didnt get to see it, still moving. I noticed you said Diet ginger ale. I don't know if you have any issues related to muscles or nerve problems, but I gave up all diet drinks, or anything else that includes, splenda, nutrasweet, aspartame and equal. my fibromyalga aches went away very quickly. My hematologists who works very closely with the oncologist, said to never drink anything with any of the artifial sweeteners, better to just have an occasional regular soda if you need too. I noticed a difference immediately, but then again, I quit drinking soda all together and it just got better. I mostly drink water, which I hated before, but I do drink a lot of lipton tea. I did try to go back and have a diet soda anyway, I think I drank around 4 diet soda's and noticed the aches coming right back. It was hard cause I was a sodaholic. I use honey to sweeten my tea, and while it has calories, honey has really great healing properties, and if I don't make tea, I always eat a spoonful of honey. I think it definately helps with my cravings for sweet things too.

Calamity Jane

I don't have any of those issues, but Dr. Oz paired the matcha with actual ginger, from the root, and I figured it would taste more subtle if I substituted the diet ginger ale for the real deal. I am not a soda drinker at all to be honest, but figured it would be more palatable that way. But the actual ginger probably has incredible health benefits that diet ginger ale does not!

InsaneCdn

Ginger ale has very little ginger in it.
Real ginger... well, it's like so many things in life. There's nothing like the real thing.
Ginger root. Fresh peppermint leaves. (don't get me going, I'm starting to drool already, and it's at least 5 more months before we'll see anything off the doggone garden!!)

If straight fresh ginger is too strong for you, try candied ginger - especially in tea or marinates.

I'm with Jody on the "diet" stuff. Sugar is bad enough. Artificial sweeteners actually REALLY mess with your whole hunger cycle, too. The body tastes sweet stuff coming in, so preps for the blood sugar spike that comes next... and when the calories don't show up, you end up with a big blood-sugar LOW... without any HIGH in the first place.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I'm really happy for you Jody! And go get that cardinal! :) Just a word of warning - tats can be addictive. I have 7. Haven't gotten a new one since I was 21 but been craving a new one for a long time now. Congrats on all you've done and keep up the great work!

Jody

I think I might get that cartoon. I made a soup today it was delicious, navy beans, with two pieces of peper jack cheese, collar greens, red pepper, small amount of beef sausage, mushrooms, vegetable broth, onions and garlic. OMGoodness. You could just barely taste the cheese but it gave it a nice comfort food texture. I cut up one hot dog size piece of beef sausage into little pieces and added that. daughter loved it and it was a cheap meal to make.

DDD

What's the source of the "red" in the red plam oil? I'm assuming it is a natural source like maybe beets? DDD

PS: what's the rationale in avoiding wheat? I eat plain mini wheats with organic milk and a cut up organic apple most mornings for breakfast. I've thought whole grain breads were healthier than plain breads. It would be funny if I were shooting myself in the foot (or belly, lol) out of ignorance.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
DDD, like medications the wheat thing is different for everyone. Some do better off wheat, others (like Storm and I) do better on whole grains (including wheat).

InsaneCdn

DDD? I said the same thing. But I figured I didn't have anything to lose... and guess what? I have a LOT to lose, in a positive sense.
Been working at wheat-free for about a month.
I'm down 5 lbs, and over 2" on my waist.
NO additional exercise.
NO calorie counting.

I need my grains - but not wheat.
Oats, barley, quinoa, rice...

Jody

DDD, it's a plant found in Africa. I love the stuff, google, Dr. Oz and red palm oil, there will be lots of information about it. I have to order some I am about out. I can't imagine cooking my vegetables in anything else or my mushrooms.