Feeling hopeless for my adult homeless son

Puffmcfluff

I am dealing with this again for the fifth time with my 31 year old son. I lost my daughter 27 to this same epidemic of drugs in 2017. I can't help but feel guilt in knowing where it will end and losing another child to addiction. I pray to God every minute that he will help him and show him the way. I have been stolen from, lied to and made to feel guilty for his actions, all while trying to help him. I always thought if i lost another child i would be finished in this life. God has granted me His mercy and strength to keep going forward for my Grandson whom I have recently adopted. Be strong in the Lord and keep moving forward. Our grown children are adults and have free will to choose their path just as we have. May God bless one and all.

ksm

I am dealing with this again for the fifth time with my 31 year old son. I lost my daughter 27 to this same epidemic of drugs in 2017. I can't help but feel guilt in knowing where it will end and losing another child to addiction. I pray to God every minute that he will help him and show him the way. I have been stolen from, lied to and made to feel guilty for his actions, all while trying to help him. I always thought if i lost another child i would be finished in this life. God has granted me His mercy and strength to keep going forward for my Grandson whom I have recently adopted. Be strong in the Lord and keep moving forward. Our grown children are adults and have free will to choose their path just as we have. May God bless one and all.
Welcome to this site...but sorry you have the need to be here. We adopted our two granddaughters 16 years ago. They are now young adults...but both struggle with their own issues. One has had addiction issues and the other deals with what I believe is the result of alcohol her mother used during the pregnancy.

Please feel free to start a new post...as it might get more notice than adding to an old post.

Ksm

Copabanana

Dear Puffmcfluff

I am so very sorry. I hope you start a new thread where other parents will read your post. I am so very happy you've adopted your grandson. What a great blessing.