Feeling like a difficult child today...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I don't know if it's because I didn't eat much for lunch (I did eat dinner) or because I took a second dose of propranolol this afternoon (I haven't been doing that for a long time, but am supposed to because it helps with the pounding heart symptom I get from my AD), but I am just yelling at everyone tonight. It's weird, though, because I don't feel that tight, tingly feeling on the back of my neck like I normally do when I'm irritable. If I did feel that, I'd know it was time to take an extra 1/2 tab of my AD. I actually feel calm. But I can't keep myself from biting everyone's heads off tonight. :sick:

My family has retreated to my bedroom to watch TV. So I have the whole downstairs to myself. Which is kinda nice, actually, in a sad, sorta twisted way. :alien:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Wellll enjoy the peace of the downstairs. Uh hem are you having a case of PMS (hiding behind the monitor because it causes me fits when I get asked that). Is everything else ok?

hugs
beth

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wellll enjoy the peace of the downstairs. Uh hem are you having a case of PMS (hiding behind the monitor because it causes me fits when I get asked that). Is everything else ok?

hugs
beth

It could very well be PMS -- no need to duck ;) It's just that when I USUALLY get like this, I feel like someone's dragging their claws down my neck and I'm very irritable.

Right now I don't FEEL irritable, but whenever I open my mouth, venom comes out. :confused:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Side effect of the AD perhaps? Or another medication?

When I used to have PMS I could actually feel it building in my muscles. Gawd I hated that.

But when I had this sort of thing happen as a reaction/side effect of a medication......no build up, just came spilling out.

Well, at least the family has given you some space and quiet. :)

Mine wouldn't be smart enough to do that. lol

Hugs

I've had those type of evenings too. For me, it's usually because I haven't had any time to myself. In my case, I guess I just feel used and abused by everyone. Some time to do what I want to do without anyone in sight solves this problem for me.

I hope today things go much more smoothly for you. Try to take a bit of time for yourself and see if it helps.

Thinking of you... WFEN

Abbey

Spork Queen
I've been a tad like that a lot lately as well. Unfortunately, I can't blame it on PMS or medications. I don't take medications and haven't had a period since early March.:anxious:

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I usually feel like that for one or a few of the following reasons:

1) PMS

2) Lack of a good night's sleep for a few nights.

3) Feeling like I do everything for everyone and no one does anything for me - stretched thinly.

4) Haven't been eating right, or, been eating way too much sugary stuff or skipping meals.

5) Been housebound due to poor weather.

Bonus: All of the Above!

Do any of those fit?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Joe - :tongue:

I don't have to have a reason -

I figure I live with men....I work with men......and that's all the reason I need for that all women jury and aquittal.

trinityroyal

GCV, I get like that sometimes too.

PMS is different. Like Lisa said, I can feel PMS building up in my muscles. It sort of climbs up my spine until I explode.

This sort of feeling is different. I just feel plain mean, like I want to rip someone's head off and cram it down their neck for no particular reason, but would enjoy every moment of it.

I was having one of those days last week when I saw my therapist, so I spent some time talking about it, exploring it. We came to the conculsion that too many people were asking too many things of me, at a time when I needed some replenishing myself.

I wonder if that's what's going on with you. You've been dealing with everyone else's carp, you've had no time to deal with your own, or take a break from everyone else's. So, being snarky and snarly WILL drive them away for a while, so you can have some peace and quiet.

Makes sense, n'est-ce pas?

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: You guys make me laugh so hard...

Trinity, it very well could be the overload factor. Last night I was cooking dinner, trying to keep difficult child 2 focused on his homework (he kept getting up and leaving the table), trying to find out if difficult child 1 had finished all he was supposed to do, supervise easy child as she tried to pour batter for three dozen cupcakes, and then run upstairs to find out what husband wanted on his burgers -- then when I got upstairs, saw my new dress for difficult child-bro's wedding, still in the bag that had been hanging from my doorway in a crumpled heap on the floor in the hall. husband was sitting on his butt watching the Laker game and no one else was doing what they were supposed to do and here I am multitasking six ways to Sunday and getting very frustrated.

So yeah, n'est-ce pas, baby!