female issue question

amstrong

I seem to remember that someone here mentioned having endometrial uterine ablation procedure. I am going to GYN today to inquire about this procedure. I am hoping she will agree to it as I WILL NOT take BC pills or Hormone Therapy. My sister in law had this done and while she still has her TOM, she has gotten much relief. I have read that some women only experience relief and some no longer have TOM. Anything will be better than what i am experiencing every month!

Any comments on this will be appreciated.

Wish me luck at the Dr.

Hi Robyn,

My doctor and I discussed the ablation, and I was told the same thing, that I may or may not have my TOM again, but I would have some relief. As it turned out, I had hyperplasia so I was not a good candidate for the procedure, but I did lots of research on it, and was all for it.

Best of luck to you at your dr visit. Do your research and make an informed decision.

amstrong

Jo,

TOM is time of month. The procedure involves a balloon filled with very hot saline solution that burns the lining of the uterus and results in either no period or very light. I experience extremely heavy flow, clotting, unbelievable painful cramps and extreme fatigue each month and this last 5-10 days!

i so want this.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hmmm, {knock on wood}, the last 3 months my TOM has been very comfortable compared to the past 5 years...actually since difficult child was born 17.5 years ago. In particular the past 5-7 years I've experienced severe monthly pain, heavy periods - beyong belief heavy...as in I go through my supplies and then some more! I am fatigued to the point that I am in bed in agony by 9 PM. I'm usually not in bed till almost midnight most other nights. My DR always put me on the pill, which worked intermittently for a few months and then stops working. I stop taking it, wait a few months and then start up again. I finally gave up. And when I started this new nutritional program I've been on for 3 months, everything evened out and now my periods are okay...I mean, I can deal with it. They are, however, coming closer together and my night sweats have returned a bit so I think I'm definitely closer to menopause. But the severe pain, heavy flow and fatigue has eased up a bit. I wonder why my DR never mentioned this.

Anyway, thanks for explaining it to me and I sure hope this is a viable solution for you. I can't wait to stop getting my TOM EVER AGAIN.