Field trip

crazymama30

Wish me luck. I am spending 3 days, 2 nights with my dtr's (easy child) 5th grade class as a chaperone. I do not feel old enough to have a 5th grader, let alone be a chaperone. Should be great. We are going to the Oregon Coast, Newport area. We have been there several times as a family. I get to ride the school bus for 150 or so miles and over a mountain pass. We will go to the Oregon Coast Aquarium (was the home of Keiko), the Hatfield Marine Science center, and easy child's favorite, we get to go to Izzy's Buffet. :rofl:

Out of all those places she is most excited over Izzy's!!!

Other than the bus ride, the most uncomfortable thing will be sleeping on the middle school gym floor where we are staying. I have a foam sleeping pad, so that should help. No showers for 3 days!! I am getting some no rinse body wash. I even do that when we go camping. Camping is with family, it seems more ok to be stinkey around family.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Enjoy the field trip-3 days is a long time but it sounds like a fun one! I teach 5th graders-they are a great age!

Marguerite

With a good deodorant and that body wash you shouldn't get too stinky.

Sounds like you'll have fun. I love that sort of thing!

Enjoy!

Marg

crazymama30

Wiped out- Do you tend to notice that 5th grade girls are moody? My dtr is, and since you have LOTS of experience with that age, I thought I would ask.

K

Kjs

Good Luck. I gave up field trips after I was a chaperone for ONE field trip with easy child. Third grade, went to the zoo. On the buss a little girl tapped me on the shoulder and told me how pretty I was. I thanked her. She then tapped me on the shoulder and told me she was going to THROW UP!
Same trip..had 4 boys in my group. One kept wandering off. I told him I was going to tie him up if he didn't stay with the group. (do you know you can't say those things?? I got talked to)
THEN..same trip there were metal steps leading down to the lake. One of the boys fell, and slit his knee open. Ended up a broken knee cap.

husband has done field trips ever since.

On_Call

Oh, I hope you have a good time! Sounds like fun!

I have gone on most of difficult child's field trips (pretty much mandatory that I go when he was in regular sd) and all of pcs. Last year, easy child's grade went on a zoo trip to a city 2+ hours away - that was the longest field trip on a school bus! Not to mention that when we got on the bus, easy child ditched me and I had to sit with one of the kids' grandpas. Oh well, he was pleasant enough, I guess. Hee hee.

Have fun - baby wipes are an awesome idea!