Filing for guardianship?

Does she take medications? I would think that if she does & refuses to take them, perhaps that would be enough? Yeah, today's reality can change on a dime too! If you think her babies are in danger, you might have to try for guardianship. I don't know what state you are in, but research "worst case scenario" before you go forward. But the "system" wants to keep kids with their parents. So even if you got guardianship it may not be permanent & belive me THAT is heart breaking for all concerned. My granddaughter is young enough to never remember all of this (she will never remember us either) I just pray my idiot daughter wakes up before anything irreparable happens. My advice again is to research the heck out of your states laws & really know what you are getting yourself into. If you can afford a lawyer that would definitely be the way to go. I cannot & did it all by myself which is partially why we are where we are now...I'm sorry, I wish I had better advice...

Well CPS went to the judge & told them "God only knows what" & now our visitation has been limited to 1 1/2 hours "supervised" @ CPS twice a month! I've asked for a meeting with our social worker's supervisor. I also contacted our local district representative - he obviously spoke to someone & now CPS supervisors are coming here to our home for a meeting to discuss the situation. I'm trying to figure out what to say without flat out calling them liars...even though that's what I want to do. I want my visitation back. AND I'd like to find a way to make sure what has happened to us doesn't happen to any other grandparents. Any ideas out there? Meeting is this Thursday October 1st in the evening. Let me know if you can think of anything. Please pray I do & say the right things. Thanks!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
What a mess loverwhelmed. My prayers are with you too.
Keep us posted about what happens.
CPS can be so unpredictable. Just be yourself and keep everything calm.
My heart goes out to you.....

Well I have good news!! We met with management of CPS tonight & they are giving us back our 2 overnight visitations! They are also going to set up a meeting with our daughter & her "now" husband to discuss moving forward after the case closes & CPS will be recommending the judge continue our visitation in his "exit orders"! I'm leary but hopeful. Just thought you'd like to hear our news!!

Thanks Patriotgirl! I woke up this morning without pain in my neck & back! First time in a very long time!! God certainly answers prayer! We are still leary because it is CPS & we've been lied to so much We are forced to take this "with a gain of salt", but this is the best possible outcome so far, & I'm so glad to be able to share "good news" for a change!!!!!