Filing for legal seperation in less than an hour

KFld

Just wanted you all to know that H and I are filing for a legal seperation at 3:30 today. We are meeting at an attorny's office, chosen by me. I have received legal advice from people I am comfortable with and I am very comfortable with what we are agreeing on. We will split everything we have both worked just as hard for, exactly 50/50 if this goes to divorce, and not one penny more or less. I want to go for the legal seperation right now as we are both in total agreement right now of what is going to happen and it will be put on paper legally. This will put an end to him trying to convince me I should be getting anything less or different.

Now I feel I can truley take the time I need, without worrying about finances etc. to decide what I want to do with my life.

I've known about this appointment since Monday, but I wasn't ready to post it. I know everyone here is so supportive and everything anyone says to me is in my best interest, but I needed to do this my way without having to many different opinions from to many people. I didn't want to get confused and start second guessing what I was doing.

Wish me luck. Keep me all in your thoughts in about 45 minutes from now.

I feel like I am going to throw up. I know it's the right thing and it's what needs to be done, especially with all the bizarre things he has been doing lately, but it doesn't make it any easier to know I am beginning the process of possibly ending a life I have known for 30 years.

Star*

call 911........call 911
K

I wish you a good day, and a great life. Sorry for the nausea. Hoping things go the way you'd like them to.

lovemysons

I think you're doing the very best thing for yourself but I can sure understand the history involved and how this would still be difficult to do.

hang in there,
hugs,
Tammy

wakeupcall

Karen, the unknown is always hard to fathom. YOU are strong and smart and a good person. Remember that. Good luck today!

Pam

TerryJ2

I needed to do this my way without having to many different opinions from to many people. I didn't want to get confused and start second guessing what I was doing.

I hear you.

Wish me luck. Keep me all in your thoughts in about 45 minutes from now.

Absolutely! Good luck!!! It will go fine.

I feel like I am going to throw up. I know it's the right thing and it's what needs to be done, especially with all the bizarre things he has been doing lately, but it doesn't make it any easier to know I am beginning the process of possibly ending a life I have known for 30 years.

I know. You're trying to reconcile reason (the legal issues) with-emotions (the only life you've known for 30 yrs.) In fact, that is rough even if you have no emotions at all, because change is always difficult, even good change.

I wish you luck and peace.

DammitJanet

Wishing you the very best Karen. Once things are down on paper it will be more concrete and you can begin to breathe again.

Here is some cyber Pepto pills for that tummy! (@) (@)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Karen

I'm wishing you a good meeting. I know this has got to be so hard on you. I also think you'll feel better once it's over with. Maybe not great, but somewhat releaved.

Many warm and gentle ((((hugs))))

nvts

Hi! Good luck - as we've all said, you know what's best for you! We're rooting for you and admire your strength!

I hear that lots of chocolate ice cream will soothe the stomach... :smile:

Legal separation doesn't finalize anything...it just spells out what's what.

Let us know how you're holding up!

Beth

DDD

We're all on your team and trust you to make the best choices
possible for you and your family. Hugs. DDD

Marguerite

By now you should be feeling better - once the actual meeting was over, the nausea should have eased. I hope so.

You are very strong, Karen. Whatever direction things take from here, I do feel this is a necessary step for the fresh start both you and he need, whether together or apart. And considering not only how long you've been together, but how little time you've had being a single, I'm not surprised you've found this whole process stressful. To have had the courage to continue to move forward - you are going to do well.

Do keep us posted. And I hope you're continuing to plan that amazing novel!

Marg

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hoping you survived the meeting.....thinking of you as you step into a new part of your life.....YOU CAN DO THIS!