Final Update To My Story

BloodiedButUnbowed

Friends,

My wife and I are separated and are on a path that will likely lead to divorce, meaning my time as a stepparent to DS and YS is soon coming to an end.

Reconciliation is still a possibility at this point but I don't think that would be either a healthy or a correct choice for me to make.

I will remain on the board to offer my feedback and experience to other members who may benefit from it.

Thank you all for being here for me over the past few years.

AppleCori

I’m very sorry to hear of this, BBU.

How are you doing/coping with everything?

I’m glad you feel comfortable enough to share this very painful time in your life here.

Words are inadequate at a time like this (at least, mine are).

We are here for you.

Apple

BloodiedButUnbowed

I am actually doing quite well.

This should have happened long ago.

I am looking forward to the future, dealing with the pain, and working on healing myself.

No dating for at least one year OR until I feel healed and ready to date again - whichever comes first.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm sorry to hear this too BBU. Endings are tough...but eventually, the sun shines on our new beginnings. Often making the choice is the most difficult part. I hope you feel some relief.

You've handled this situation extremely well, with grace & strength & compassion, no matter the outcome, you can walk away knowing you did your very best.

Your feedback is invaluable so I'm glad you'll be staying with us......

Sending big hugs......

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Sorry to hear this but happy that you are starting a new chapter in your life.

Endings always mean new beginnings.

You have been a wonderful strength to your wife dealing with her difficult children so you should feel very proud of that.

We are happy that you are sticking around!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
You are on a new and healthy path. It shows in your posts. There is something amazing waiting for you in your life! You were a great wife and a wonderful support. Be good to yourself.