I promised to make a larger cross stitched project for Jessie. We went through my "stash" of cross stitch magazines and patterns. She found a mermaid pattern in a British cross stitch mag. It is truly beautiful and will be fun to stitch. I even have real pearls to stitch into the bottom of the sea (got them on eBay very inexpensively - less than buying the ones recommended in the pattern!). I have spent almost 2 weeks tearing my hair out though. The floss numbers on the pattern have no relationship to any floss I can find. It says they are for Anchor and DMC, but no way I can find these colors in any floss list or chart! Even my chart that has all the DMC floss colors and samples of them has no thread with the numbers listed. I posted on a stitcher's website asking for help. And got a link to a site that let me figure out the colors and numbers to use in DMC (which I have almost every color of!). So now I can start stitching. It took 3 hours to figure out the right colors! But it will be worth it - this is a mermaid with bright colors, the face is done in stitches half the size of the reg stitches, it has lots of threads with different textures and lots of beads of all different kinds! So now you all know what I will be doing tonight - getting this project all set up!!