Finally Friday

pigless in VA

I am feeling draggy today. :coffeedrinker: Only 11 more days left of school.

Lil, I hope you have nicer courtroom peeps today. The principal told me yesterday that he called a mother to come get her child sometime last month. The girl had been in a fight. When the mother arrived, she hauled off and hit the girl right there in the lobby of the school. He had to call CPS and the police on the mother. Some people are locked into a violent lifestyle, and they don't know how to extricate themselves.

Nomad, good luck with daughter's move today. I will have to implement your "hit" idea on the flies at the farmhouse. There are no mosquitoes in Highland County, but there are clouds upon clouds of flies.

Candy is going with her school orchestra to Kings Dominion today. She is very excited. I am excited that I don't have to go.

Have a happy Friday.

pasajes4

The painters are starting on the interior today. My daughter had convinced me to do a dramatic red accent wall in my den. It looks great, but I am tired of it. I am doing all the rooms a linen shade. I wish I could find a buyer. It is simply too much house for me to keep up with.

BusynMember

Hi to all my board buddies. I hope you are feeling peaceful and well.

No work. Just a wedding later on for very cool niece. Outdoor wedding so praying for no rain.

I bought my first skirt in my wardrobe for the wedding :victorious:.

Feeling chill today. Hope you all do too!!

Lil

I wish I could find a buyer. It is simply too much house for me to keep up with.

But, you just remodeled! I want to live with my remodel a while.

Actually, I want to sell tomorrow and move to the country and I have buyer's remorse about the new kitchen we have yet to install. I bet we could move it to the new house. :D What do you think Jabber?

Lil, I hope you have nicer courtroom peeps today.

I expect to. About 90% of our people don't have lawyers, so they think it's just fine to yell at each other or be openly hostile. Yesterday they were just - hateful. As in refusing to even speak to the other person or accusatory and nasty when they did. I only have one today, both people have attorneys, and while one of the nastiest people I've ever had to deal with was a lawyer, these two probably have their case settled. Then it's type, type, type...because I'm behind!

It's looking rainy today. Too bad for the Governor's Campout, which is being held on the capital lawn. Right now there's a dozen 1800's style tents in place on one side...modern camping will be done in others. It's kind of a "kickoff to summer" event they started in the last couple years.

Glad it's Friday!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Happy Friday everyone.

I woke up with a headache. I had too much wine last night like an idiot!

:holymoly:

KTMom91

Happy National Doughnut Day!

I'm working today - first grade - and the forecast has been revised to be only 104 instead of 107. As far as I'm concerned, anything over 100 is too hot.

Hope everybody stays cool and/or dry today!

BusynMember

What kind of law do you do, Lil? The screaming reminds me of family law and pro se daughter in law. I actually feel sorry for her if she tries to yell at my son's attorney. He will tear her to shreds without so much as raising his voice.

pasajes4

I can't quote on my phone. I remodeled the kitchen so that either it would help sell at a better price or i would stay and not hate going in the kitchen. The problem is any place i would buy better have a great kitchen.

Lil, Have you thought about selling as is to an investor? That way any money set adide for remodeling could go into the new house.

AppleCori

Have you tried to sell your house, Pasa?

I thought the NW side was still pretty nice.

My girls have looked at houses, but it is hard to buy something in SA that is in a good neighborhood and is a starter-house price. You either get one or the other. One of my girls wants to live outside of SA, but she doesn't have to drive into SA every day like my other daughter.

I would sell this house in a minute, except my daughter (11yo) loves it.

pasajes4

I tried last year. I got a couple of offers that made me laugh. There are people who go to flip house seminars and want you to pay them to take your house. I live on the far east part of san Antonio. I am actually in the county surrounded by four small municipalities and San Antonio. This used to be a very quiet almost rural area. The subdivision I live in was built around my house. I would like to live in Schertz-Cibolo. It is a premier area and the prices reflect it. It does not offer bus service and they have and enforce very strict rules on who can apply for low cost housing.

Scent of Cedar *

When, after everything that had happened to our family in the house where we raised the kids, we decided to sell it, the realtor suggested that we sell it very clean, but "as is". (We had rented the house out for two years while we were deciding what we wanted to do. The damage to the house and the carpeting and the grounds in so short a time was unbelievable.)

That is what we did, and it worked well for us. Fresh paint, pulling weeds, edging what was left of the garden beds, cleaning the carpets and windows, we did do those things.

Cedar

Scent of Cedar *

Ha! I got so involved in putting in my two cents worth regarding the house selling thing that I forgot to say Good Morning.

Good Morning, Everybody!

Cedar

Lil

The screaming reminds me of family law and pro se daughter in law.

I'm more of a judge and yes, it's family law. I hold child support hearings for the state.

Adding to my disclaimer here to say: PLEASE - NO ONE ASK MY ADVICE! LOL I seldom tell people exactly what I do because then they PM me day and night. :p

Lil, Have you thought about selling as is to an investor? That way any money set adide for remodeling could go into the new house.

Eh. We owe too much. We'd need to get enough out of it for a down on a new place and now, with the home equity loan maxed out, we don't really have enough in my opinion. We'll need to stay a while longer.

I think I really just want to move to "get away". I'm having fantasies of just driving across the country and never looking back. :unsure:

AppleCori

There must be a lot of house-flipping seminars around here, too.

Having watched the HGTV channel, I was interested in seeing these re-creations. Unfortunately, the people around here seem to think they can slap a cheap coat of paint on the walls (the sloppier the better, it seems), put in some cheap carpet, do a bad do-it-yourself backsplash, and try to stain the old cabinetry. I saw one that put some kind of film (more like contact paper) on the counters right over the existing countertops to make it look like laminate or something. Not the professional kind that they advertise, but some cheap ugly stuff I have never even heard of.

I was in one that had paint dribbled all over the new carpet, not even an attempt to clean it up. And the original bathtub wasn't even near clean.

I have seen more than one where the kitchen consists of a sink and one bank of cabinets on either side. Nothing else. And they looked like the cheapest ones that could be found. Not even sure they were new.

I saw one online before it was sold to the flipper, and the flipper was claiming credit for putting in siding and windows and a new bathroom which were already done before he bought it. (I saw the pics online). He did a cheap fix-up of paint, carpet, staining cabinets and a badly done backsplash and raised the price by 50K.

The flipped ones I have seen on-line in SA look more professional, though, at least on the computer, they do. My daughter says some looked good, some were sloppily done.

I have been on a quest to find something with lower property taxes that we could buy outright, thereby lowering our living expenses. Havent found it yet, though.

We did see a decent, professional looking one the other day, but there were some problems with it, including the garage he built new. It's entrance was from the alley and the garage was built right up to the end of the property, and the alley was so tight that I didn't think I could get my truck turned into it. And no survey had been done! My hubby, who has lived here for decades, says there is a problem with the property lines in that area, so no deal.

I am thinking that getting one that needs flipped and doing it ourselves would be a better choice.

AppleCori

The painters are starting on the interior today. My daughter had convinced me to do a dramatic red accent wall in my den. It looks great, but I am tired of it. I am doing all the rooms a linen shade. I wish I could find a buyer. It is simply too much house for me to keep up with.

It sounds beautiful, Pasa! Put some pics up if you feel comfortable doing that.

I know what you mean about too much house. I am at the place in my life where I feel the urge to downsize. I have several rooms we don't ever use. And a basement full of junk I really need an incentive to get rid of. We have stuff down there in boxes, as well as furniture, belonging to all six kids (five are adults), my Xs, AND hubby's X. And none of my kids want any of it. Except some of the furniture we had when they were kids, which they have no room for at this point.

In my heart, I am a minimalist, but in reality, I'm a packrat!

pasajes4

My grandson is my road dog. He loves to go house hunting with me. He said if I buy the right house he will move in with me, or maybe I will just spend the night 'cause my mom would miss me too much. He's 14 and the sweetest kid you could ever want in your life. He always walks holding onto my arm so I don't fall because " your like old Nana. I have to protect you so you'll be around for my kids." Somewhere down the line I did something right to produce an amazing daughter who in turn produced 2 incredible children.