Finally got husband off my back and have a doctor appointment. for this stupid cough

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I couldn't get in to see my easy child doctor yesterday or today (called on Monday) -- he's a solo practitioner and he does not have a very flexible schedule and/or he's in high demand. I dunno which it is. There's one day a week he's open two hours later than usual. Whoop-dee-doo. husband says he's only good for going to see if you're more or less well. You can't get in to see him if you're sick and require more prompt attention. What is the point?

Our psychiatrist, who is also in solo practice, bends over backwards to squeeze us in, schedule be damned, if there's something going on that can't wait for the next regularly scheduled check-in appointment. That's one reason I am so fiercely loyal to him.

So I decided to pick up the phone and call the medical group the kids' pediatrician group is in. They have TWENTY-SIX doctors in the family practice/internist group! And they could see me TODAY!!! So I think it may be time to switch docs. If it goes well, I'm going to urge husband to switch, too.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Good for you!

And I ran into the same thing. If I was sick, it took 2 days to get into my doctor, so I ended up going to one in town where I work all the time. After 3 years of that, I just switched entirely. On the rare chance she hasn't been able to work me in, the other doctor in her office could. Heck, they even saw Wee's ingrown toenail once.

I hope you feel better.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Soooooooooo (ponders innocently) - oooooooh never mind I just got OUT of the corner.

Hope you feel better. Shoot - and I had a really good one. :tongue: