Finally heard from difficult child.......

JKF

difficult child just sent me a private message on Facebook. He said he's ok. He's in PA and supposedly already got a job fixing computers/iPhones. Not sure if that's true but who knows. He said he's thinking about staying there with a friend until he can save $ for an apartment. He asked if I can send his HS diploma and BC so he can get an ID. He also said that he feels bad about the past and that's he's sorry. That's the first time he's ever apologized and taken any responsibility for his part in things.

Anyway, I'm happy I finally heard from him. I know he's ok. Maybe jail was the wake up call he needed. I know that by no means that this is the end of his gfgness but I'm relieved to have gotten through this latest round (the toughest one yet) and have come out a stronger, slightly more sane??? person!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm so glad you heard from him, I know that's a relief. And even more of a relief to have heard from a difficult child with a plan ... that's pretty big in my book. Even if it doesn't work out, it's a start. He gets that he's the master of his own fate here, and that's great.

Suggestion: you might go ahead and order an extra certified copy of his BC to hang onto for yourself, in case he loses the one you send. Oldest has lost/re-ordered hers like three different times.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I am very happy to hear you've heard from him, whew. You did a really good job of detaching under some pretty weird circumstances, you might congratulate yourself some and pat yourself on the back, this is hard stuff! CiV has some good advice for you, make copies! Let's hope this is exactly that, 'the wake-up call he needed.' An apology and feeling bad are really good signs. This is all good news. Have a happy day JKF and use this strength you've gained to keep yourself detached from his ups and downs.............good job!

T

toughlovin

Glad you heard from him... bet you will sleep better tonight!! The not knowing and waiting is so hard. I am in that exact spot right now... havent heard from or seen any FB posts from my difficult child in 9 days. He is across the country, homeless (I think) doing who knows what. I have also been doing a good job detaching but it is hard....I have trouble with the not knowing he is alive but I have to go along on the assumption that he is ok unless I hear otherwise.

TL

JKF

Thanks ladies! I am definitely relieved. I was worried. I have to admit. But the tough love thing seems to be working with him. We've been consistent and I 'think' it finally got through. I got another message from him with his address so I can send his documents. I do have a backup BC already. I also asked if he needs clothing and he said no he's ok but thank you and love you. I'm glad he has a plan. He's not on medications so I know there will be bumps but right now he's ok.

P

PatriotsGirl

Great news!!! :)

I ordered an extra BC for my difficult child because she loses everything!! So nice you can order them online now...

JKF

Thank you! It is good news. I just hope it lasts. I hate to get my hopes up bc every time I do something happens. I've offered him clothing and moral support. The rest he needs to figure out. Staying with a friend (god only knows who this person is) and a supposed job on M,T,F is a good start. Hope it all really does work out for him.