Finally motivated

AllStressedOut

I don't know whats gotten into me lately, maybe its that my difficult children new medications are REALLY helping and youngest difficult child isn't having major school issues. (knock on wood) I am actually afraid to post this because I don't want to jinx it. :bravo:

Anyways! Now that I'm not having to run up the school to get him in line or pick him up, I'm actually walking my 2+ miles a day :smile: AND I've been cleaning!

I hate to clean and clutter doesn't bother me. Well, eventually it does, but basic day to day clutter, no big deal. We do chores once a week to make sure the house is always clean under the clutter, but my house stays cluttered. With 6 kids, I don't know how anyone could do different.

Anyways, the last two days I've taken on cleaning the living room from top to bottom and vaccuuming away the dust on the ceiling fan or any high dust bunnies. I even moved the sectional and vaccuumed underneath it. WOW! :smile:

Then today I tackled my dining room that has somehow become my laundry room in the last 6 months. We got rid of the table in there because it was falling apart and have yet to replace it. So we've been using it to sort laundry out. It had just gotten WAY out of hand. Now its clean with only the buckets the kids need to put up today.

Then this summer my friends daughter painted the hallway and husband touched it up about 2 weeks ago FINALLY! So I finally got around to re-hanging the pictures in the hallway.

I'm just so thrilled I've finally gotten off my butt! :smile:

Two funnies (at least its funny now)

We are watching a friends twins today and tomorrow while her husband is at camp with her 5th grader and my two 5th graders. Youngest difficult child tells twins yesterday "You'll like our house. It's messy, but it's fun." Uh, great! LOL :rolleyes:

Saturday, I get back from walking, take off my bra, all sweaty and STINKY and sit down and fold laundry. I figure why take a shower yet if I'm just going to be cleaning right? DING DONG, yep, that was the door bell I just heard. husband opens it and says "Oh, was today the day you were thinking of stopping by?" It was mother in law and father in law and I hadn't done much cleaning at this point and I'm all sweaty and braless sitting on the couch. GRRRRRRRRRR! I love my husband...I love my husband...I love my husband. :crazy:

busywend

You DO sound motivated! Too bad someone showed up to crush it. I love when I get in these modes. It can really shape up the house!

:bravo:

Now - go get ready for mother in law and father in law
:lipstick:

AllStressedOut

Beth, I'll pass along the torch as soon as I tackle my bedroom. Then by all means, you take it and tackle stuff at your house. Mine needed a shovel or quarantine tape for the dining room. It's finally starting to look like a dining room again (minus the table). LOL

Steely

:smile:
Girl - you deserve a big toast for that! Boy am I envious! It's amazing what we can do with our physical energy when our emotional energy is beefed up!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good for you!! The exercise is so important!! When you are done with your house and still in the cleaning mode head on over to mine-pretty please?

I'm glad you're doing so well with the :smile:!!! If you're still motivated, my house could use some TLC!!!

Thanks for the laugh :rofl:!!! When I first met husband, I had my wisdom teeth out. Where did he bring me when my face was all swollen and puffy??? - To his parents' house of course :rofl:!!!

When his mother first saw me, she tried to make me feel better. She said, "Don't worry, dear. My daughters looked even worse than you when they had theirs out." :hammer: :rofl:

Thanks again for the :rofl:!!! WFEN

AllStressedOut

husband's just don't seem to have much brains some days. :hammer:

After mother in law & father in law left I smacked him on the arm and said "Thanks for the warning." His response was, "When my dad speaks all I hear is bla bla bla." Let me tell one of my kids to say that to him the next time they don't listen and see how he responds. :sword: I'll pop some popcorn first and pour a nice cold glass of diet coke so I can have front row seats to that show. :rofl: