Finally opened the Wii Fit!

B

bran155

Well I did it. My BMI is an astonishing 39%, they called me obese!!! LOL I don't feel so bad, my husband is obese too!!! LOL Though he isn't even fat!!!! All he has is a little gut, that's it. It was fun though. We did it together and laughed A LOT!!! :)

I did the step excercise today. I am so not coordinated!! It took me forever to actually get the steps down pat. After a while though, it was a lot of fun. I did 30 minutes of cardio. I had a mild sweat going and my legs are killing me.

Of course, now I want to down a pint of ice cream and an entire chocolate cake!!! I had a yogurt instead. YUMMY!!!

Star, if you are reading this, the salads are working girl!!! We had some fun in the bedroom TWICE this week!!! Two times in one week, unheard of in my house!!! :)

Oh, and I lost a whopping 3 pounds!!! Hey, it's a start right???

Shawna :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
This Wii thing -

Does it have games that go with .......salad?

Yeah me too - I just ate a molten lava cake - 150 calories.....

I've been on Splenda blend since joining the eating healthy board last year.....but I did the low cal, no fat.....and worked 15 hours a day and did NOT loose a pound. I think mine is all fat/stress related.

I'm about not coordinated enough to swat flies.......and I tested a Wii a few years ago and threw the controller out of my hand at the clerk.

I think I'll stick with walking the dog. - I'd get a Wii, but the dog doesn't have thumbs and he's the only one in the house that plays games.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH - and FYI -

there is a commercial out now about a little karate girl, gingerhead kid that brings home a 5th place trophy. Maybe you've seen it?

She's in the kitchen given karate chops to the salad with the mixing spoon and fork?

I think of you every time I see that - attacking the salad......HYYYAH!

(bows to sensi)
(bows to salad)

susiestar

Roll With It
Way to Go!!!! Keep it up and you will be happily surprised! Also, have your thyroid checked. Mine was low due to autoimmune disease and when I got the thyroid medication I lost 50 lbs with-o realizing it! Nothing had worked for me before that to lose weight! NOTHING!

Hugs

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I love our wii-fit!
We haven't even bought any games for it yet, we are still playing the ones that came with it.
I love the hula-hoop! The river in the bubble thing is fun also. The girls love the Iceberg Penguins!
K and I jog a lot with it. I chase her really fast so my girl falls down, which makes her laugh.

Good for you!
The best is when you don't visit for a few days and they make fun of you and give you a lecture!!! Or the lecture if you gain weight. .

K

Kjs

So how did you do with hitting the soccer balls? Heck, I kept gettin hit with the boot and losing points.
If I lost 3 pounds I would be SO encouraged. Way to go !!!:bravo::thumbsup::woohoo:

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have been interested in the Wii Fit. I loved step aerobics and did it for years. Somehow it made exercise a little more enjoyable. I did feel really strong all over instead of just legs.

I have never tried the Wii Fit. Was it difficult to use(tech wise)?

3lbs off is better than none and tons better with 3 pounds on. Yay for you. Keep going.

B

bran155

Thanks you guys. :)

Fran, actually I had my husband help me with the set up. And it was pretty easy. They take you through the process step by step. Lot's of fun!!

kjs, I haven't done the soccer yet, only the step. But I will do the soccer today. I want to try it. I am still learning to navigate it.

totoro, I haven't bought any games for it either. Actually I didn't even know you could buy other games!! LOL I will look on-line today to see what else I can get for it. Are the games fitness oriented?

susie, thanks. I will have my thyroid checked. Not that I want to be sick but how awesome to drop pounds without even realizing it!! LOL

Star, Molton Lava Cake - YUMMY, I'm jealous!!! I haven't seen that commercial yet, but I am on the lookout for it.

I hate to exercise, hate it, hate it, hate it!!! But if I do it in the morning it motivates me to stay on my diet because I feel like I got a good start for the day and I am less likely to cheat as I don't want the exercies to go to waste, ya know? Using the Wii Fit makes it more enjoyable. And the fact that it keeps track of your progress gives me more motivation. It's almost like having a personal trainer, but much cheaper!!! LOL

Thanks all. :)

W

Wonderful Family

Enjoy it - I love my Wii Fit - it's just plan fun. The skiing is a really fun one. Key seems to be the balance; my age can rise 35 years or be 20 years younger, depending on what test I get that day. I really enjoy the Yoga and get some reasonable exercise.

I call mine Mr. Wii; and if you end up skipping several days - he'll ask where you have been and ask where the other Mii's have been lately too. husband didn't appreciate that one . . .