Finally! Score One for the Parents!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Finally some good news!

difficult child came home from school today....talked to us very politely...and expressed an interest in making up for some of her behaviors these past few weeks. She offered to spend the weekend doing yard work and other chores.

:D:D:D

Now, I've been beyond exhausted, so it is entirely possible that I have fallen asleep without realizing and am having a wonderful dream. If so, Please do not wake me just yet...

This gives me such hope!!!

I also want to believe that she is being sincere and not just trying to butter me up before more bad news comes down the line.

For now, I am just going to try to have a nice evening.....

Sorry for burning up the boards lately and thanks so much for the prayers hugs and offers of support. With luck, things may turn for the better for a while....

--DaisyFace

Marguerite

Daisy, stop apologising! What is the board here for, anyway?

I hope she's genuine. I understand your reticence, waiting for the other shoe to drop, perhaps. But take it all at face value. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone looked at the possibility of BiPolar (BP)? What does she put her behaviour down to? Does she have any ideas herself? Now while she's apparently contrite, could be the time to talk to her about how she behaved and what might be behind it all.

Marg

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Daisy, stop apologising! What is the board here for, anyway?

I hope she's genuine. I understand your reticence, waiting for the other shoe to drop, perhaps. But take it all at face value. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone looked at the possibility of BiPolar (BP)? What does she put her behaviour down to? Does she have any ideas herself? Now while she's apparently contrite, could be the time to talk to her about how she behaved and what might be behind it all.

Marg

Thanks, Marg--

Yes, we tried to ask about her new attitude...and typical difficult child...she says she's willing to do something nice for us this weekend because "Nobody at school made me mad today." So no real insight (yet) as she still puts all the responsibility of her thoughts/actions and responses/choices on others.

But one step at a time....

Marguerite

Nobody at school made me mad today."

"I'm glad you've had a happy day, darling. I welcome your offer to do something kind."

Then don't look a gift horse and make sure she has a pleasant time being nice. Let niceness reinforce itself if possible.

We take what gems we can get, as we find them. We need them to shine during the darker times.

Marg