Finally things

Wiped Out

Staff member
are starting to happen at the psychiatric hospital.

I have to start by saying how much I love my therapist!!!!!! I had an appointment. today and it was the first time I had seen her since the meeting at the psychiatric hospital.

Basically she was as disappointed as we were in how things have been handled. She also felt that the hospital psychiatrist wasn't taking us seriously and was sort of blaming husband and myself. She was frustrated about a lot of things (all the same things we were frustrated over).

She thinks husband and I are great advocates and great parents and was frustrated we weren't being heard. She thought we should contact our regular psychiatrist and ask him to become more involved. I had no problem with that because we love the guy. Then she said though that she would contact him.

Well she must have gotten a hold of him because we got a call from the hospital psychiatrist on our cell on the way home from our day trip. She said they stopped the new medication because it was obvious difficult child needed the Clonidine to help with impulsiveness. She also said that they would work on increasing the Loxapine because our psychiatrist was o.k. with the amount he would be going up to. This was the medication our psychiatrist wanted them working on to begin with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also when we got home there was a message from our psychiatrist that he heard we needed to talk. We'll call him tomorrow as we didn't get home til late but obviously he called the psychiatric hospital anyways!:D

There was also a message from the hospital sw to set up a meeting for Friday which means difficult child will be in there until then at least.

All in all it was a good day, I have a therapist that rocks, a psychiatrist for difficult child that rocks, and I had a great day with easy child and husband shopping at the outlet mall in Gurney, IL-even got myself some new dishes:happyguy:

smallworld

Sharon, you rock, too!

I'm glad the psychiatric hospital is finally beginning to hear you. Hope things improve soon for difficult child.

F

flutterbee

Don't sell yourself short. Of course you rock!

I'm glad you're being heard.