finding pants that fit!!!!

TerryJ2

No fair, Insane!

Peg2, great ideas here. I have had some luck with-Land's End, because they have so many choices in cuts. I used to love J. Jill but they no longer have the stretch jeans. :( I hate trying on clothes. I hear ya!

InsaneCdn

Terry... you didn't read the second half of my post.

I can. But... don't ask husband how many yards of fabric are piling up waiting for me to get some time.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Peg, I have had luck with Levi's, Lee's, Jones New York as well as INC...... all of which you can get at Macy's or the Gap. I've also had luck ordering pants from LL Bean and Landsend. I am between an 8 and a 10, (5'6"), and sometimes I have to have the 10's altered to fit right. Good luck!

Kathy813

Staff member
I usually wear a size six but have the same problem as trinity . . I am short-waisted with long legs and no hips so the hips are usually big in any pants that I buy. I finally found the solution watching What Not To Wear . . . alterations can make all of the difference. For $15 - 20, my tailor alters my pants so they fit me perfectly. She has altered dress pants and jeans. I wish I had started doing this years ago.

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm not much on skirts.......they don't fit me any better than the jeans/pants. I suppose I could hem them, but I'm too lazy to drag out the machine and tackle it. I'm a broom skirt sort of gal and I don't give a hoot whether they're in style or not. No one around here notices because the sect of Baptist that are into long skirts are popular in this area. Still, they get in my way much of the time when I'm doing stuff around the house/yard.

I've been lucky. So far jeans I buy last at least a decade or more. When I find a pair that fit I buy at least 2 pairs right off because I'll never find them again and I know it.

I have a pair of Gloria Vanderbelt jeans (purchased on clearance at the outlet mall for 5 bucks) that I got years ago that I just LOVE. I've recently discovered......while they're comfy as can be and fit in all the right places (a miracle) they're COLD in the winter! brrr

At home I do sweat pants or jammie bottoms. I save the jeans for when I have to leave the house. LOL