Fingers crossed: he's actually doing something productive

TerryJ2

difficult child is so bored that I am paying him $5 per grocery bag of junk to sort through bills, magazine articles, photos and other assorted stuff. He's already got a bag full of recycling.
The irony of it is, if he didn't keep me hopping all the time, I would be able to file these things immediately. It's because of him that it's all piled up!
Maybe my office will be cleaned after all ...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Great idea! I hope he sorts things properly and you don't lose anything important to the recycle bag!

TerryJ2

He's reading everything outloud to me, including loooonng numbers that are now meaningless ... he doesn't know the meaning of speed reading or eyeballing.

Andy

How creative! Good thinking Terry!

Do you have a recycling center that he can crush aluminum cans and take in for cash? We let our difficult child have whatever money he makes crushing the cans.

susiestar

Roll With It
Awesome!! thank you gets paid to scrub the fronts of our cabinets and appliances in the kitchen and bathrooms when he wants to buy things. Once I showed him to run his hand across the door to feel if it was still dirty he has done an awesome job!

TerryJ2

Well, he was a brat today. He even refused to go to the psychiatrist. We tried the speaker phone for a conf call and he refused to pick up.
Sigh.
We changed his medications a bit but not much.
I suspect he'll be better tomorrow. His day starts earlier and I have a list of chores for him. Plus, I have cash in my purse, LOL!
The psychiatrist did agree that with-these kids, sometimes what works one day won't work the next day.
So my plan is to see if I can get him to cooperate every other day. Goofy, but what the heck. ;) My office still has a ways to go ...