Finished my Christmas shopping today!

muttmeister

And I am tired!!! :shopping: Got up this AM at 6:30 and got ready and drove to nearest good shopping town two hours; oh, the joy of living in the middle of nowhere!). :slap: I ran like a mad woman all day. Met a friend and her son for lunch. Got home just now, about 9:30, but it's done! ::money::
My grandson's name is Harley David and I found him an adorable Harley Davidson reversible jacket that is perfect! He is only 18 months old so it is really cute. Also got him a Sit and Spin that talks. Granddaughter wanted a My Little Pony that sings and dances and I found it at WalMart. Had a lot of other little stuff to get but now I feel like I can enjoy the season. I absolutely HATE to go in a store between Thanksgiving and Christmas to do anything but look. I even bought most of my baking stuff at Sam's so I am set. Of course, it will take me a few days to recover (I could hardly walk from the car to the house when I got home) but that's OK.
It was 75 degrees here today. They are forcasting snow with a high of about 30 on Wednesday so that is another good reason for being finished.
Anybody else done?

Lothlorien

Oh You Just SHUT UP!!!! :surprise:

I used to get all my shopping done in October or so. I just can't do it anymore. I usually have more done than I do, at this point. I think I have three gifts and that's it.

mum2JK&TH

I would love to be done but no one seems to be cooperating and giving me xmas ideas. I have done some though if that counts :smile:

TerryJ2

Wow, that's amazing!

We haven't even finished picking names yet!

There are 5 of us siblings, and we're thinking about taking my dad's name off the list because he can't remember whether he's had lunch, much less whether he should go Christmas shopping. (More difficult because he no longer has a license.) We also took one of my older sister's names off the list because she's having serious $ issues and has to sell her house. We took my niece's name off the list because she's in rehab...

It's kind of funny, in a pitiful way.

But the rest of us really want to celebrate.

tiredmommy

I'm behind as well, but only 4 left to buy for: husband, sister in law, niece & nephew. I'll take care of husband online, sister in law will get a gift certificate and I'll pick up something at Target or Kohls for the other two.

nvts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lothlorien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh You Just SHUT UP!!!! :surprise:

</div></div>

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Loth! You put it perfectly! No fair, no fair, no fair!!!

With the school garbage, the medications issues, the lack of a job, have all curbed my shopping to the max!

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!

I am officially moving Christmas to February! Yeah, like I'd get away with that!

Oh well, my "gag gifts from G*d" will reign supreme, everyone else's kids are getting gift cards!

Of course, our basement flooded this summer and since the Christmas tree was down there I can assume it's shot. I've asked the kids and they're not supporting me in having a "Christmas Stick" lighting ceremony!

:rofl:

Oh well, the Lord works in mysterious ways - our karma around here is changing, so I'm sure He'll provide in one way or another!

Beth

:sled:

DammitJanet

Well...I will be done as of friday except for a few things. I still need to get a few things for Billy and Cory and buy something for my dad...and maybe get a few shirts or something for Tony...but then nothing but stocking stuffers for Keyana. Now that is if I can keep my hands to myself for the rest of the weeks from now till Christmas!

I swear...I keep wanting to buy stuff for little girls...lmao!

donna723

OMG, I haven't even started mine yet ... except for a little stuffed toy for my cousins dog!

Usually I'm almost done by this time, but we weren't sure if we were staying home or going to S. Carolina again this year. Makes a difference if I have to mail what I get my daughter and sister in law or just throw it in the trunk! We've officially decided that we can't afford to go this year, so I need to start shopping for mailable things. But nobody has given me any ideas. I HATE spending money on things they don't like or won't use.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, isn't it like ILLEGAL to be done with Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving?.....what about the December economy? I for one will do my best to stabalize the spending for the month of December, by putting off until the last minute any gifts I could have purchased earlier......Chief Procrastinator is my middle name........bah, humbug to you who believe that the early bird gets the worm.....what's so great about a worm anyway?......

Seriously, I am so jealous of your organizational skills.....

Star*

call 911........call 911
Why Me MOm is CORRECT -

YOU SHOULD BE ARRESTED FOR THIS MUTT -

Talk about ORGANIZED -

Now you can bake me cookies - you will get my address in the next week and have nothing to do - GET BUZY

I can't even get anyone to give me a list of things they want. If someone asked ME, I could rattle off lots of things I want.....

What do I get for a 2 year old boy? and a 4 year old boy? I'm out of the loop there-Alyssa
Last year I got them Thomas the Tank train stuff, but their mom (my sister) said they have enough of them.-Alyssa

Abbey

Spork Queen
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Muttmeister.

Bite me. </div></div>

You took the words right out of my mouth. I haven't even THOUGHT about Christmas shopping until you posted this. I waited a week to reply so I could calm my temper. :thumb:

Abbey