Finished the plum painting. Woo hoo!

TerryJ2

I don't know if I posted photos I took this summer of our bumper crop of plums (they were delicious!)--at any rate, I did a large acrylic painting of them and just finished. It's pretty big--40" X 32"--so I have to figure out how to display it ... at the gallery? In a restaurant?
I can go to bed happy tonight. :) I love it when I actually complete a project.
Moderators--if this takes up too much bandwidth I can resize it again.

PerfectPlumssmallest_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:

witzend

I would buy that! Do you have a local farmers market that might sell it for you? I'd display it without a price tag for a bit and see if there were nibbles then put a "For Sale" on it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I love the colors. I love it period, but I really love the bold colors. And it makes me want to pluck one and eat it.

InsaneCdn

And it makes me want to pluck one and eat it.
You could stop at just ONE???

That one is definitely a "seller". Sometimes high-end charities have art auctions for non-famous artists... people bid higher because 50% of the $$ goes to charity, the other half to the artist - but often, the artist ends up with more $$ than selling through a gallery etc.

TerryJ2

Thank you. I think I can hang it at the local convention center. I thought I missed the deadline but I can get in on the next round.

Jody

Oh Terry, I absolutely love it. The colors are beautiful. Makes me wonder how it feels when you have to part with something that you worked on so hard???

shellyd67

Beautiful picture. My kitchen has several hand painted fruits from my Aunt. I have a pear, pineapple and an lemon and I love them all ! I would love a plum picture to add to the bunch LOL