Fire and Firetrucks OH MY!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
As I'm sitting here calmly eating my dinner of pizza and checking the board, we suddenly have fire trucks, sirens blazing, going down our alley.

Now I live right on the alley. So I'm thinking this might not be a good thing. But we also have 2 MHRD group homes across the alley from us, so I'm thinking maybe they're headed there.

Nope.

So I send Travis out in the cold and snow to find out where they're going. We have a barn and 2 sheds out back of our fence. They used to be part of this property before it was sold to us. Previous owner Kept that section because he stores his building supplies in the barn and sheds.

The barn is engulfed in flames. The little boy across the alley from us spotted the fire while out feeding his dog and ran back inside told his parents and they called 911.

Now I'm thinking not a good thing. But at least no one is hurt. Then I remember. The wooden privacy fence along the east side of the house runs all the way back to that barn. D@mn! Barn is going up like dry tinder in a fireplace despite the fact there are 4 trucks out there.

Up the fence....There goes my house. Cuz fence is attached to the house on that side. And if the sheds next to barn catch fire there is no stopping it. With all those building supplies.....

Okay, not going to think about it.

Going to pray hard instead.

:surprise:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, I can do with less excitement thankyouverymuch. :faint:

Fire dept had some trouble what with the cold, the fact that the barn is in the middle of an alley, but they did finally get it out. We sweated there for a bit. Looked like it would spread.

Seems fire was caused by a homeless person. Probably trying to stay warm. Fire/police people found him nearby burned. I don't know how bad. Ambulance came and took him to hospital....hope they send him somewhere other than our hospital.

Barn is total loss with everything inside. But at least it didn't spread elsewhere. All the buildings in the alley are pretty close together.

Whew! Glad that's over. :whew: