Fire

Fran

Former desparate mom
Amazing and terrifying photo's. It's great news that your house was spared. Glad you were sensible enough to evacuate when they tell you to evacuate.
They are still pulling bodies out of a debris field off the shore of Galveston. We are still in the midst of the insurance process for hurricanes but at least we know far enough in advance to be out of there. Hope your insurance process is easier.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Holy Carp!!!

Ok, so that's not what I really said but it's the only thing that won't turn into asteriks.

That picture where the fire had just crested over the hill reminded me of that old M*A*S*H episode. They had wild fires and wrote it into the script and made the camp bug out.

So, so, so, so glad you guys are alright and that you have a home to go back to. Albeit a PINK one, but a home none the less.

Be sure to keep a good eye on the chickies.....lost of wildlife I'm assuming were displaced and might be a bit hungrier.

Sheila

Wow! That's way to close for comfort.

You're camera is great. I could see the fire coming closer and closer to your home.

Fire scares the begeebers out of me.

I'm so glad everything is okay.

Emergency personnel really did a good job for you.

busywend

Now, that really makes it real for me. The TV shows houses burnt and that is terribly distressing. But, to watch it coming towards you, looks horrifying.

I am glad your property was spared.

Prayers going out to all that have had to deal with these fires. I heard this morning one of the three fires was started by some college kids that thought their fire was out. Ugh! The guilt they will feel!

F

flutterbee

I read that, too, Wendy.

Wow, Gcvmom. This really makes it real. Much more real than what we see on the news. I'm so glad you guys are safe. I would have been in a panic, I'm sure.

I have never been to California and, other than the fire, you live in a beautiful area. I could look out at that everyday. I can see why people stay despite the threat of earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides.

Fran, I didn't realize they were still finding bodies. How tragic.