fireworks all day long

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
difficult child II (11) woke up in a wicked mood, and it went on all day. My Dad even lost it on him and yelled at him, which normally gets him in check, but not today. So much for my Dad's "it's a woman thing" theory, because today difficult child II said "F U" to him and "drop dead"

1st melt down was over not being able to find his red shorts, a national crisis!

2nd melt down was over not wanting to have to wait at the mall while difficult child I filled out more paper work for his job.

3rd meltdown was over me not being willing to drop him off at our old townhouse developement to see his friends. We were near by, but it was late and storming.

4th meltdown was over not wanting to stop for dinner

5th meltdown was over me not letting him have a jug of gatoraide b4 bed

6th meltdown is still currently going on, I asked him to but his clean sheets on his bed and he is screaming that I took them off, I should put them back on!

who needs fireworks when your child is a walking time bomb???
:4thjuly:

Andy

I am so sorry your boys have to put you through so much. When I saw the title and who was writing the thread, I knew right away that it was not a good thing.

What in the world was going on with him today? Do you think he is also increasing stress in anticipation of S2BX being released soon? He doesn't know what to expect and feels overwhelmed?

I hope you can find some peace soon though I know this weekend is becoming stressful.

slsh

member since 1999
Whew, I'm exhausted just reading that. I wonder what secret our kids have to sustain so many melt downs and keep on going - they're like little energizer bunnies!!!

And how *dare* you not put on sheets!! ;)

Hope today is better for you. Glad your Dad is getting equal time. (ooooooh, I'm evil!!!) :rofl: Hang in there!

tiredmommy

I may be off base here, but do you think he's anxious? I only ask because that's the sort of day Duckie has when she seems most anxiety-ridden....

TerryJ2

Arrgh! So sorry.
You stole my subject heading. Of course, that's why we're all here ...

So, did it do any good that your dad got it full in the face? I mean, will he change his mind about it being a woman thing? Maybe some good will come of it.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
he's definatley anxious about S2BX being released on Monday, he told me this morning he's been dreaming about seeing him (so have I, but my dreams are more like nightmares). I just hope S2BX will call on Monday when he gets out and let difficult child's know when he plans on seeing them if at all. I am at the point were he can have them for the whole week if he wants, but difficult child II will have school in the am's and difficult child I will be working at his new job, and he has court on Thrusday.

PS don't ya know the little booger slept on the floor last night, rather then making his bed! And nope I did not put the sheets on, and I wouldn't let my Mom do it either!

TerryJ2

My son does that too! He'd rather sleep on the floor or out in the hallway than make his bed. If I help him and we alternate corners of the fitted sheet, he'll do it. But only then. Arrgh.

Sara PA

I'd have put the sheets on for him or at least done it together with him. When my son's anxiety was out of control I didn't pressure him to do things. Only made things worse.

Steely

Seriously..........sometimes you just gotta laugh when a kid is so determined to do something, that they would rather make themselves miserable than give in to what we want.
i.e. the sheets and the bed. Good grief. My difficult child still does this all of the time in various forms and fashion. Maybe we all do, but this is another thread:tongue:

If your dad is having anxiety about dad getting out of rehab, just imagine what little difficult child 2 is feeling. And of course he is acting it out, rather than processing it. That is what these kids do.

Hugs, and many, many cyber prayers. And please give difficult child 2 a hug. He must be scared.

Steely

Seriously..........sometimes you just gotta laugh when a kid is so determined to do something, that they would rather make themselves miserable than give in to what we want.
i.e. the sheets and the bed.
Good grief.
My difficult child still does this all of the time in various forms and fashion. Maybe we all do, but that is another thread:tongue:

If your dad is having anxiety about dad getting out of rehab, just imagine what little difficult child 2 is feeling. And of course he is acting it out, rather than processing it. That is what these kids do.

Hugs, and many, many cyber prayers. And please give difficult child 2 a hug. He must be scared.

witzend

What kind of dreams is he having? He may be having nightmares as well, and that may be setting him off. I imagine he must be having all sorts of conflicting feelings. {{{{{{{{Big hugs}}}}}}}}