First Call from Rehab

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
we got our first call from E in rehab today. He was courteous and calm. He asked for a few items nothing big. Asked for photos of us!!

He sounds like he is planning on staying.

Hope with no expectations today is a good day.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Wonderful news!

He will think clearer and clearer as time goes on.

He will see how hard you fought for him.:love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

:staystrong:

ColleenB

So glad to hear this and hopeful that he is finally in a place he can get better.

Now it’s time for you to heal.... hugs

Xoxo

Littleboylost

Update
It has been up and down. A stressful time. When I went to drop Items off at rehab for son I met with his primary couselor. She is a great person. She has been clean for 28 years has a 22 year old son and really gets it.

However the bad news is. Sunday night my son snorted medication with another resident. This boy cheeked his medication (Zoloft) they chopped it and snorted it. The good thing is my son came forward and told his counselir what he had done.

This is still a shot against him. In the spirit of cat hung him doing things right she commended him for coming forward and said she would give him another week and they would reassess him then.

We have had no further phone calls. He may have lost some privledges or he is angry again.

There was a conference to review current patients today and his cousleor will be in touch tomorrow with an update.

She allowed me to see him for 5 min in a public area, more for her to asses his engagement with me. He looks awful.

I have never seen him look so awful. Gaunt and his colour is just awful. His cheeks are saline he is so thin.

He continues to fabricate and attempt to manipulate. His attitude needs to change or he isn’t going to make it in rehab.

Early days and I hope he turns around somewhat sooner than later.

Hubs and I have our flights booked for Cali and need a rest desperately. We will be staying with friends. I was fully ramped up with PTSD today. Work has been very busy and my brother is acting out regarding my mother’s estate once again.

Thanks for thinking about me and my family. I will post again on the weekend and catch up on all your news as well.

Last edited:

Sam3

LBL. Thanks for the update.

I get to say again that you are not alone, even in this very specific respect.

My friends’ son snorted cheeked Prozac while in therapeutic boarding school.

My son snorted someone else’s seroquel they had cheeked, in residential rehab.

I could only imagine it was some kind of parting salvo or, more likely for my son, some way to establish himself among strangers who have been stripped of everything except their collective reputations (and psychiatric medications).

At the time it was a horrible WTF moment. He’s drugging in rehab? Now I realize it was a nothing burger, in the scheme of things. Hopefully the rehab feels the same, at least internally.

Lost in sadness

LBL I am thrilled to hear you have finally got your son into rehab. It has been such a long and painful journey for you!
I am sorry to hear he had had a ‘blip’! I pray this is all it was and that he works hard at the opportunity he has been given.
Go and enjoy your break and give time to yourself, you deserve it!! Xxx

newstart

Update
It has been up and down. A stressful time. When I went to drop Items off at rehab for son I met with his primary couselor. She is a great person. She has been clean for 28 years has a 22 year old son and really gets it.

However the bad news is. Sunday night my son snorted medication with another resident. This boy cheeked his medication (Zoloft) they chopped it and snorted it. The good thing is my son came forward and told his counselir what he had done.

This is still a shot against him. In the spirit of cat hung him doing things right she commended him for coming forward and said she would give him another week and they would reassess him then.

We have had no further phone calls. He may have lost some privledges or he is angry again.

There was a conference to review current patients today and his cousleor will be in touch tomorrow with an update.

She allowed me to see him for 5 min in a public area, more for her to asses his engagement with me. He looks awful.

I have never seen him look so awful. Gaunt and his colour is just awful. His cheeks are saline he is so thin.

He continues to fabricate and attempt to manipulate. His attitude needs to change or he isn’t going to make it in rehab.

Early days and I hope he turns around somewhat sooner than later.

Hubs and I have our flights booked for Cali and need a rest desperately. We will be staying with friends. I was fully ramped up with PTSD today. Work has been very busy and my brother is acting out regarding my mother’s estate once again.

Thanks for thinking about me and my family. I will post again on the weekend and catch up on all your news as well.
Hi LBL, I had been worried about you, so glad for your update. I know how hard it is to see your child look so bad, I am so sorry. Just know that with rest, sleep and being off drugs he will start to look better. I hope your mind can rest while in Cali and you can get a well needed break. This visualization helps me~ I see myself on the beach, it is a perfect warm day, not too hot, and I write my worries in the sand and the waves come over my worries in the sand and take them into the ocean. That visualization has helped me through the years. I hope it will help you. Big hug.

Triedntrue

I am glad he has a councelor who knows what she is doing. With the knowledge he is safe for now and you have done all you can do put it out of your head as best you can and enjoy your much deserved trip.

BloodiedButUnbowed

Hi LBL,

Even with rehab it is still a roller coaster, there is the drugging behavior (as you are witnessing firsthand), the manipulations, the lies, the deceit, above all the self-centeredness and self-will. These druggie behaviors become addictive in and of themselves. This will take longer to clear his system than the chemicals - much longer, as this mindset becomes a way of life. I hope that in time, E can replace this malignant state of mind with something more positive, maybe NA, which I'm sure he is being exposed to in rehab.

My brother is a crack addict and an alcoholic. Even when clean his obsessiveness is present and he will admit to the self-centeredness which drives his addiction and in my humble opinion all addictive behavior. The only thing that keeps him sane and sober is NA. I can also say that I get pretty crazy if I do not practice the principles in my own life, as far as my codependency and Al-Anon/ACA traits.

Six months is a long time and he is just a short way in. Hopefully you will see real improvement in him very soon. Enjoy your vacation and let E's HP take care of him.

Littleboylost

I get to say again that you are not alone, even in this very specific respect.

My friends’ son snorted cheeked Prozac while in therapeutic boarding school.

My son snorted someone else’s seroquel they had cheeked, in residential rehab.

I could only imagine it was some kind of parting salvo or, more likely for my son, some way to establish himself among strangers who have been stripped of everything except their collective reputations (and psychiatric medications).

At the time it was a horrible WTF moment. He’s drugging in rehab? Now I realize it was a nothing burger, in the scheme of things. Hopefully the rehab feels the same, at least internally.
Love you for this post Nothing Burger is a new one. I love it.

Littleboylost

Hi LBL, I had been worried about you, so glad for your update. I know how hard it is to see your child look so bad, I am so sorry. Just know that with rest, sleep and being off drugs he will start to look better. I hope your mind can rest while in Cali and you can get a well needed break. This visualization helps me~ I see myself on the beach, it is a perfect warm day, not too hot, and I write my worries in the sand and the waves come over my worries in the sand and take them into the ocean. That visualization has helped me through the years. I hope it will help you. Big hug.
I have not been meditating near enough. Your post is a good reminder for me to get back at it.

Littleboylost

Hi LBL,

Even with rehab it is still a roller coaster, there is the drugging behavior (as you are witnessing firsthand), the manipulations, the lies, the deceit, above all the self-centeredness and self-will. These druggie behaviors become addictive in and of themselves. This will take longer to clear his system than the chemicals - much longer, as this mindset becomes a way of life. I hope that in time, E can replace this malignant state of mind with something more positive, maybe NA, which I'm sure he is being exposed to in rehab.

My brother is a crack addict and an alcoholic. Even when clean his obsessiveness is present and he will admit to the self-centeredness which drives his addiction and in my humble opinion all addictive behavior. The only thing that keeps him sane and sober is NA. I can also say that I get pretty crazy if I do not practice the principles in my own life, as far as my codependency and Al-Anon/ACA traits.

Six months is a long time and he is just a short way in. Hopefully you will see real improvement in him very soon. Enjoy your vacation and let E's HP take care of him.
I agree and thank you for this post BBU. He will definitely need behaviour modification. He will be in therapy every day which is great.