First I get into a fight with-difficult child over homework, then I see that Steve Jobs died.

Nancy

husband just told me he was adopted, I had no idea. Another example of the influence of genes. His birthparents were both graduate students and his father was a high school drop-out.

Nancy

keista

OMW! Son will be heartbroken. Steve was one of his idols.

Although I'm not sure how son missed the story, he always hits main news pages and comes to share the interesting headlines with me.

InsaneCdn

Terry - sorry if I see the funny side to this, but...
Could you explain the connection between the first half of the thread title, and the last half?

DammitJanet

Actually there is an ironic side to Steve Jobs dying right now but it has nothing to do to with her homework battles. The irony is that the Ipad 2 1 was released what 2 days ago, maybe 3, then just yesterday they released the Iphone 4s. Some say he he just couldnt stomach this new release. That is the bad joke considering he died of pancreatic cancer.

Steely

Yes - RIP Steve Jobs. What a brilliant man. He fought a hard and valiant fight against his cancer. It made me tear up too when I read that he died. Nancy I did not know that about his parents - how interesting.
Terry I hope difficult child has calmed down now :(

TerryJ2

1) Fighting with-difficult child and having my idols die makes for a very bad day.
2) Steve Jobs was brilliant and adopted and it all turned out very well. Not so much in my life. Just having a pity party.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Further proof that being adopted and/or being the child of a high school dropout doesn't necessarily mean you're garbage.

I'm sure he had his moments of wondering, but clearly, he was one of the best and brightest...

I remember back in 6th & 7th grade, my Catholic school managed to get hold of two Apple IIc computers. I played Zork on them. I loved them... My Dad worked for NCR, but we didn't have a computer at home till later - and then, it was a teensy 9" screen, green on a black background. Not even VGA.

But - DANG! - Apple started the revolution.