First night home

ck1

difficult child was discharged today from the Residential Treatment Facility (RTF), this is his first night home. So far so good. He starts at a new school on Friday, his choice to just jump right in. Family-based therapy team came over today to meet him and, thankfully, I think we'll all work well together.

Please keep fingers crossed and send good thoughts. I'm really nervous but happy that we're off to a good start!

:smile:

Sending you some really big hugs. Keep that warrior gear on!

Lots of prayers and good wishes being sent your way. Hope things go smoothly and seamlessly.

F

flutterbee

I bet it feels good to have him home. Good thoughts and prayers going your way.

goldenguru

Oh I remember how it felt to 'have the family sleeping under the same roof' again. It does feel so nice. Enjoy.

I also remember the fear and nervousness of having her home.

It's a bittersweet emotion.

Fingers crossed that it goes well.

ck1

Thanks, all! I've been really nervous and remain cautiously optimistic. So far, difficult child's attitude is good and he's accepting answers that we're given, even when it isn't what he wants. Thankfully, too, he's not asking for anything unreasonable.

So far, so good...one day at a time!!!

CAmom

Having just had our son return from a group home four months ago, I can relate to the joy/terror involved.

Best wishes for you and your family.

Ephchap

Ck -

Sending many positive thoughts your way. Yes, I too remember the feelings. You've got the right attitude - cautiously optimistic.

Hugs,
Deb

KFld

Hope things continue to move onward and upward. Good for him jumping right back into school. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he has learned from his experience and you will continue to experience the new and improved difficult child :smile:

NOLA

hey,
just wanted to say i'm so happy for you - i hope everything works out as it should.

sending good thoughts and positive prayers your way :smile:

ck1

Thank you thank you thank you!! So far, I think we're doing...ok. Yesterday was difficult child's first day of school at a new school (I did take his picture) and it went really well. He's going to a Catholic school right in Pittsburgh and he met up with a girl (M) that he went to grade school with (where he grew up, but we've moved twice since then). The last time he saw her was at her birthday party just before she moved to where we are now! Hadn't thought of her in years, but they totally remembered each other. Yesterday, when difficult child got home from school, a bunch of kids from his old school (our local public school) came over. After the girls left and there were just two boys here, M texted difficult child to ask him to go to the boys basketball game. So, difficult child and his friends went to her house, where they met a few Pittsburgh Steeler players (M's neighbors!!), then went to the game. difficult child got home 14 minutes before curfew and checked in when he was supposed to. I was very happy!!!

The only thing I'm not happy with, is that he hasn't spent any time with us since his discharge. I know that's normal with teens, but I think family time is still important. I need to come up with a plan to enforce this, besides just dinner time. We'll eat dinner together several nights a week, but I want more than that!