First night in my new home

KFld

It was wonderful. My bed is comfy, the place is quiet and I love it. I really didn't want to come to work this morning because I didn't want to leave it.

I slept pretty good, but woke up early because I was excited thinking of all the stuff I still need to get.

When, I'm going to start calling him ex for now, brought the bed and desk over yesterday afternoon he tried to tell me how much he misses me and I told him I wasn't talking about it then. He left peacefully.

BFF Jill called me about an hour later and she was fuming. He showed up at her house after her husband helped him move my stuff over and he said he was going up the street to the neighbors house he has been asking about and give it a shot!! She said he came back about an hour later and said they are hooking up tonight. She said to him, I thought you just told me you really miss Karen, and he said I do. She told him he needs to tell the counselor this when he sees her today and that she didn't believe he misses me, but rather he misses a relationship if he can jump into one this quickly. She told him he needs to think long and hard about what he really wants from life and stop making it sound like he so desperatley wants me back when he can just jump into a new relationship so quickly. She said he put his hands in his pocket, put his head down and said, maybe your right and left. She was said she was very cold to him and was going to tell him not to come over anymore, but I told her don't cut him off to quick. I want to know what he's up to. I'm keeping track of all of this and one day I'll hit him with it all at once.

This made my night in my apartment even more pleasant because I didn't have to wake up and see pictures of us or him anywhere and I didn't have to leave for work early before he showed up.

By the way, when he brought the furniture yesterday he said, boy you didn't bring any pictures of us over huh?? I said no and walked away.

Lets see. You had an affair. I've found out this isn't the first time you cheated on me. People have told me you've tried to pick up there friends, and now I'm supposed to have pictures of us around my new apartment. I don't think so!!!!

I know some of you think I shouldn't let others tell me what he's doing, but these are things I want to know. I want to know exactly what he's doing so that I don't ever ever second guess the choices I'm making for myself.

DammitJanet

Glad you had a good night in the new place!

So tell us about the layout and all. What colors are you using in the kitchen and baths? How about the living room? LOL.

Im dying to know since Im completely decorating challenged. I can just live vicariously through others.

I always have big ideas but they never play out the way the seem in my mind...lmao.

KFld

The living room is all my living room furniture from the house. I took that and it looks great there.

The set up is like a townhouse. I pull into the garage which is underneath the apartment. Up one flight of stairs to the kitchen, livingroom and half bath. Up one more flight and there are 2 bedrooms and a full bath in between.

The bathrooms I bought beige rugs for and different color towels. This way we can just change the towels and it changes the color.

The kitchen is really nice. Same cabinets I had at home because we re-did it a few years back and used brother in law's cabinet guy. They are nice white cabinets.

This weekend I'll go buy some curtains. there are blinds on all the windows, which is nice because now I don't have to run out and buy them right away.

I can't wait to get out of work today and go home!!! easy child daughter has a mandatory meeting at work, so I'm going grocery shopping myself on the way home. I'll save money that way anyway :smile:

Lothlorien

Hope your new home brings you much happiness.

It does sound like ex just needs to be with someone all the time. I don't think he likes himself very much, so he needs someone else around him. Can't stand himself, so he can't be alone with himself for very long.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad you have a great new place to start your new life. No pics of the idiot is a good thing!

As far as having other people tell you stuff, do what is comfortable for you. It may help strengthen your resolve to hear stuff. If it becomes too painful to hear, then you can ask people to stop telling you.

I cannot believe he is so stupid as to tell your BFF that he is "hooking up" with someone the same day he told you he misses you so much. What he misses is someone taking care of him. Maybe he should hire a nanny.

Hugs to you, new place sounds great!!

Depending on your style preference, Big Lots had some wonderful curtains from Pier 1 at great prices last week.

Susie

TerryJ2

I love that you love your new place, Karen, and that you woke up excited. Way To Go!
ExH really needs to get a grip. Not your issue. But poor Jill ...

KFld

Susie: He is an idiot, and I like that, maybe he should hire a nanny. It would have to be a nanny who would give him a little extra on the side. Sorry if that offends anyone, but how rediculous to have to have someone take care of you and be on a mission to find that person. It's amazing how easily I can be replaced. If any of his relationships don't work out I'm sure I'll be blamed for it somehow. I knew this was what he was going to do. I knew he wasn't capable of spending sometime alone working on himself and eventually meeting someone someday.

I'm glad I have counseling on Thursday.

I spoke to him briefly this morning because I forgot to grab the pots and pans from his apartment so I had to find out when I could get them. He sounded all upbeat. I guess he's excited about his date. Maybe the two of them will really hit it off and he'll just dissapear so I won't have to deal with him anymore. On second thought I can just choose not to deal with him even if he doesn't have a girlfriend :smile:

G

guest3

<<<HUGS>>> I am so happy for you. I am at least spared having my ex come around all the time, because a. he's not allowed near the kids and b. he's currently locked up in a rehab somewhere. I know once he does come around it will be very very hard for me. I am having a hard time as it is.

wakeupcall

I'm SO excited that YOU are excited! I can hear it in your voice. There have been a lot of changes in your life recently. Soon it will all calm down, but I'm so proud of you....for NOT being a doormat! Congratulations!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I can't believe he is gullible enough to believe your BFF isn't reporting all this back to you. That would lead me to believe he is feeding some of this stuff to her to get to you.... Just a thought....you know you will have reached the seperation point when you no longer care to hear about his stuff or it doesn't upset you.... This doesn't happen in a couple of weeks either, so don't worry at this point....just know that when you hear this stuff about him and it doesn't make you mad, you have reached the apathetic point and that is good.....Please know that you can still feel he is a stupid jerk, but his antics will no longer affect you.....

Do you still work for "his" business? Doing the books? Just think this will tie you to him for life.....or until the business goes caput....

KFld

The weird part is I know he was out with this girl on Tuesday night and it didn't even bother me. Well, it made me mad that he's such an idiot, but it didn't bother me in the way of me sitting home thinking about what he was doing and getting emotional about it. Maybe I'm hoping they'll hit it off and he'll just dissapear and leave me alone.

I still do the invoices for his business and keep track of the money coming in. I will continue to do this until we make things final, then my name will come off it and he can either pay me to continue, or find someone else. I could always use the extra money :).
If it bothers me, I'll stop.