First snow of the season

trinityroyal

Imagine that! December 1st, and it looks like the :elf: have dusted my yard with icing sugar.
:snowangel::snowing::woohoo:

Just a light covering of snow. It will melt by noon, and won't interfere with my Giant Leaf Raking project, but it's awfully pretty and starting to get me in the Christmas spirit.

:xmasdancers::forchristmas:
Whee!

So what's the weather like where you are?

Trinity

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Nice! The first dusting is always special! We had a light dusting about a month ago, believe it or not. Now I'm waiting for the real first snowy snow. I'm hoping for Christmas or maybe my birthday!

Today is cold, but sunny.

DammitJanet

Oh I love snow! LDM and I get so excited when we get snow in the south...lol. She gets it more than I do but I think we are the two most excited people on the board when it snows in VA or NC...lol.

TPaul

Idecor8
Yesterday we had snow in Oklahoma the first week in December!! That rarely happens in our neck of the woods. Enough to cover everything with a layer, and almost cover the grass enough to not see any blades sticking up.

Tpaul

trinityroyal

TPaul, that's the best kind of snow. It's pretty, and it's so light that you don't have to shovel or do anything with it, it just goes away on its own.

Janet, I hope you and LDM get the same kind of icing sugar snow. Pretty, and no work. On a related note, did you know that the Inuit (our northern people...used to be called Eskimos back in the day) have something like 44 different words for snow to describe all the different kinds, but no word that means just plain old...snow. Very cool.

The weather people are predicting that by next week we'll have a proper snow that stays on the ground. It will be lovely if we have a white Christmas, but I hope it holds off for a few weeks yet. I still have to get the outdoor Christmas decorations up and finish the Giant Yard Raking.

After that, I'm ready! husband bought me a fab pair of Kamik boots last year. They're real snow mashers, and can keep my feet warm and dry even in a blizzard.

Star*

call 911........call 911
It's just -------blah here. Rain yesterday....coldish. (For SC) then last night the rain left, and it was almost like Spring. (sigh)

I feel like the little dolly on the Island of Misfit toys when she says "I haven't any dreams left to dream." (about snow)

However Trinity I LOVED your wording about the elf dusting the yard with sugar.....VERY visual. :D

Apparently MY elf.....prefers the watering can. ;)