First sub call of the new year

KTMom91

I'm in kindergarten today, at Miss KT's old elementary school a block and a half away. Every Wednesday, the district has a minimum day, which means that today I came home for lunch at...9:20 am.

At least I was close enough to come home...

muttmeister

You are a better woman than I am. I taught kindergarten for at least half days for about 20 years. I told them this year that I'll only sub in middle school or high school. I no longer have the patience for a room full of 5 year olds.
I do get to go be the home Easy Child teacher next week; that will be fun. She usually has them make cookies or something while I'm there so I'll get paid to eat. Nice work if you can get it. LOL

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just finished my Kindergarten duty... volunteer.
I am the listening center. HA-HA
Actually I have them in ship shape now, it has been a month and I am cracking the whip.

We have half days, but 9:20! That does sound early. They get out at 1:25 on Wednesdays.

KTMom91

Every Wednesday, the kids get out 90 minutes early, giving the teachers prep time, time for grade level meetings, etc. Afternoon kindergarten, on Wednesday, starts at 10:15, meaning the afternoon teacher (me today) had to have lunch and be back ready to go by then. School was out at 1.

Mutt, I rarely go above third grade. I get paid the same whether there's 20 or 40 in the room, and I definitely prefer it when there's 20! I have a first grade scheduled for next week, and am waiting to see if I go back tomorrow. Apparently they have the flu going around. The morning teacher was missing 10, I was missing 4, and the teacher I subbed for had the flu as well.

KTMom91

It seems to have skipped me, but Hubby came home feeling awful. I'm heading out soon for cold pills, chicken soup, and orange juice.