First TLOA Today!!!!

pasajes4

I have not posted much about my difficult child in the past few months. He has been in jail and in a juvinial treatment correctional facility since November. The first 3 months were horrible. He was constantly getting write ups and going to security for infractions of the rules. He was still thinking that the rules are for everyone but him. Around February he decided that just maybe he ought to try following the rules and excepting his part in what was happening when he got in trouble. Flash forward to today. He has made his senior level, is a unit leader, got to perform in a play at the children's theater downtown as part of his therapy, and today he gets to come home on an 8 hour Theraputic Leave of Absence.

I am nervous about today and pray that when it is time to return that he does not choose to make a run for it. Kids have done it before. He says he won't because he does not have anywhere to run to. Yep, we have a long way to go. I am very proud of him and for him for the progress he has made. I hope it sticks. Pat

Bunny

It sounds like he is making progress! I hope the TLOA goes well for both of you and that he goes back to the RTS quietly when the day is over. Good luck, and enjoy your day!

DDD

Fingers crossed that the visit will be a pleasure for both of you and an incentive to him for the future. Hugs. DDD

recoveringenabler

Staff member
It all sounds good, he's earned today, good for him.........I hope he quietly goes back without any problems and that you both have a wonderful day.

pasajes4

The leave went very well. He probably woke up last night not feeling very well. For the past 5 months all he could think of was all the food he was missing. He managed to put away an amazing amount of just about every food a teenager considers real food. We picked up his sister and her kids and went to the movies. The last couple of hours we all sat around and talked about everything that has gone on for the last 5 months. We dropped him off without a problem. His 16 year old neice cried like a baby when they took him back in. I shed a tear or two when we got back into the car He will get to do it again in a few weeks.

busywend

Good news! It is nice to have these moments to look back on when the you know what hits again. I hope it never does!

DammitJanet

So glad it went well. I had to laugh about the food. Jamie did the same thing the first day he got out of boot camp after only eating icky chow.