First Wednesday without

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Since kt has transitioned home she has had horrendous meltdowns/dissociative states on Wednesday's. Couldn't tell you why - none of it makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

I've checked with day treatment/school about Wednesday's activities & such - nothing out of the ordinary.

Guess it doesn't really matter why. :rolleyes:

Oh well, psychiatrist last week said that if Wednesday evenings are bad to just give kt her prn medication when she gets home from school & then another dose at dinner.

Last night was our first Wednesday with-o a meltdown/dissociative episode. She headed off to bed with-o protest & was asleep by 8:30. :thumb:

I'm hoping that the Wednesday "jinx" is over. :hypnosis:

crazymama30

Isn't it strange how patterns emerge, seemingly without any rhyme or reason? I am glad last night was good.

Must have been because it was my birthday!!! :smile: :thumb:

On_Call

Congrats on your tantrum-free Wednesday!! Here's hoping all the future Wednesdays go as smoothly!

In our house, Sunday nights are rough for difficult child. husband and I assumed it was anxiety over the approaching school week, but even on Easter break, he stressed on Sunday night. Cried, said he couldn't sleep, complained of a stomach ache - was still awake at 11:00 p.m. when I went up to bed.

It is a bit strange, isn't it? I know that I dread Monday mornings, but I still manage to sleep most of the time.

Glad kt has seemingly broken her Wednesday jinx! :wink:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Maybe it is just middle of the week weirdness... the rise and fall. Hopefully her pattern has been broken!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I even considered skipping Wednesday around this house - just not acknowledging it. Having 2 Tuesday's then heading into Thursday if I thought it would work. :hypnosis:

It felt good to go with-o the chaos - today was even better. Who knows, maybe the transition home is complete. I know that kt is feeling safer of late.

Thanks ladies. :flower: