First week (almost) in MY new home

I can't remember being this happy.

It's a condo. Parking is outside, short walk to the entrance. The lobby looks like that of a hotel. Couches and tables. Very pretty. An elevator (no more stairs! Whee!) takes me to the 2nd floor. My unit is just to the left. Just to the right is the laundry room and the garbage chute. I don't have to walk far for anything!

Brand new carpet and paint (looks like coffee with cream) on all the walls. There are 2 halls closets, one is a coat closet, one is a HUGE walk in. We made that Tink's "office" (her desk and art stuff is in there). Straight ahead is the kitchen. Wood floor. A dishwasher! Gas stove (woohoo!) And a window. To the right is the living room/dining room. Those 2 rooms alone are about as big as my entire last apartment. I mean HUGE. Then there is a balcony. Back to the left of the kitchen is the hall. On the R of the hall is Tink's room, directly across the hall on the L is the full bath. I ordered Hello Kitty stuff on Ebay to decorate. There is a low countertop and mirror, and my mom had an old gold stool, so we made it a vanity for her.

At the end of the hall is the master BR. That is where I am now. This room is SO big. My bed, dressers, computer desk, recliner, and night stands fit in here, and there is room to spare. Plus there is a half bath. And a walk in closet wide enough for a full size bed.

If you read this far, you must be bored. I am not trying to brag. I am just so happy. The residents are all older, no more bratty street smart kids. The TV is nowhere near the kitchen. Tink is forced to talk with me during meals. It is such a fresh start for us.

I am so blessed.

F

flutterbee

I'm so happy for you! It sounds wonderful!

You have every right to be happy. Brag away!

And since you're place is so big and plush....

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>PARTY AT BBK'S!!!</span></span>

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so happy for you! If you need other things, you might check out Freecycle. If there is a group in your community you could get a lot of stuff for free!

What a pretty apt, just right for our Tink and Kitty !

When life just seems to fall into place it is a wonderful thing.

Susie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I was more than happy to read all of your post!!! It brought tears to my eyes... I can honestly feel your relief and happiness.

I am so happy for you and Tink!!!

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 23pt'>YES PARTY AT BBK's!!!</span></span>

:bravo: :smile: Filled with sparkling cider course!!!

Susie...

On a hot tip from one of the Janets (I can't remember if it was Dammit Janet or Ant's Mom), I did join Freecycle.

That is where I got Tink's desk. Since first you are requested to offer, I gave away my Commit smoking lozenges. I bought them just before I got sick, and ended up not needing them because I quit smoking from being in the hospital so long.

I also went nuts on Craigslist. My kitchen has a grapes theme. I got a new set of Pfaltzgraff dishes with grapes on them for $20, a grape votive candleholder for 10, breadbox, collander, salt & pepper, and switch cover for 15. And I got an old lady cart to lug my groceries up the elevator.

Woohoo! I'm an old biddy.

Oh, and Heather and Totoro...you bet your sweet bippys...

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #FF0000">PARTY AT BBK's !!!!!!!!!</span></span></span>

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sending some cyber champagne.....to drink or smash....cyber makes the clean up easy......ENJOY your new place.

nvts

You sooooo deserve it my friend! I missed you being around...I haven't been in much of a "wisea**" mood and I missed your energy!

Sounds like a fantastic place!

But I'm still glad you've logged in back "home"!!!

Missed ya!

Beth

:jack:

KFld

So we are both enjoying our new homes. Isn't it wonderful. I love my apartment and so does my daughter. Every day I realize something else I need, and I'm trying to not go overboard spending to much :smile: Lots of shopping at Ocean State Job lot. they have some really good stuff.

How old is Tink? I can't remember. Does she like it as much as you do??? I hope so.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Imma bringa you a pizza-pie, and a bottle of vino, and we willa seeet anda haveada pizzapie and da vino - and many many laughs - after da bambino goes to asleep.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR INDEPENDENCE - AND YOUR NEW HOME!!!

What? you thought I'd bring a roast?

I didn't think you'da bringa roast.

I figured you'd all roast me.

Karen, Tink is 6. Without getting too much into her GFGness, she is having some entitlement issues. When we moved, she started with VERY little in her room. She is earning her belongings back by behaving.

It truly is a fresh start. Here's hoping it sticks, and is not just a honeymoon phase.

Beth, I missed you too. Your spinning hamster rocks. I missed everyone!!

Ephchap

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #33CCFF">Wooohooooooooooooo</span>!</span> Party at BBK's house. Count me in ! Roasting BBK. Definitely count me in! :rofl:

BBK (and Karen too!), congrats on your new homes. :bravo:
Here's to a fresh start. :smile:

Hugs,
Deb

TerryJ2

Hey, I wasn't bored at all. I think I like interior design. :smile:
Congratulations! Very cool.
Anyone who lives in a place with-walls that remind her of food must be very lucky or have very good taste. (Excuse the play on words.)
Here's a virtual gift basket and a welcome mat.
Enjoy!

:flower:

DDD

Somehow I didn't realize that your move was going to be so terrific for you all. Guess I missed an inning or two. My
messed up perception was "oh, what a shame, she has to move".
LOL!

Boy, was I wrong or was I wrong?????????

Sounds like you all have every reason to celebrate the new digs.
I'm happy for you. DDD

DDD, I probably gave that impression when I had a nervous breakdown a couple weeks ago. I was dealing with several ladies from 3 different companies on this move and none of them knew what the other one was doing.

Plus, packing was murder on me.

When the move finally happened, it was like clockwork. the movers were the friendliest, nicest guys ever. They had me loaded & unloaded in 2 1/2 hours. Awesome.

You are invited to my housewarming party. Bring chocolate.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Ok, you want chocolate, you've got chocolate.....Hershey kisses, M&Ms, Gertrude Hawks, chocolate covered cherries, all kinds of candy bars....my mouth is watering..... :spaghetti: ...and then there's Godiva chocolates.....and butterfingers....and almond joys....and......

....I am just so THRILLED for you, BBK! I want some cyber-champagne to go with my chocolate.

Love your place- it's beautiful!

Suz