First weekend of house arrest

P

PatriotsGirl

No way nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be! I hate to say it, but she was actually sort of pleasant this weekend. Even, dare I say it, thoughtful?? Just little things I would see her do that actually impressed me. Maybe it is the drugs that turn her into a raging monster...
My husband and I don't think she is under real house arrest. We were never given parameters that she was allowed to be. I think what she has on her is just a GPS unit to monitor her whereabouts. Of course, no way are we letting her know that!!! So far she has been obeying the rules and only had people over to visit while we were there and she actually asked permission to have them over.
I refuse to get excited but happy that it hasn't been that bad... :D

idohope

I hope it keeps up and am glad that you got a weekend of peace. Glad also that you have a realistic outlook. I dont think a weekend of house arrest will overcome such serious problems (drugs) but as you said you are are happy that it has not been too bad.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I want a GPS for Onyxx. Lost her 4 times this weekend - she "told us she was going outside" - at 2 AM?! Yeah. That's more of house arrest than we got!!!

I am so glad the first weekend went well for you. This is a good sign... If she can stay off the drugs, which if she's as stubborn as you say, she CAN... LOL!

P

PatriotsGirl

Step, she won't. I know this. I think what is happening is that she realizes she is stuck for now and there is nothing she can do about it, so may as well at least try to get along. I am not foolish to believe she will give up drugs. It will take MUCH MUCH more than a month of house arrest for that. I have a feeling that she was smoking pot with one of her visitors in the back yard this weekend. But, if she was, well that is just one step closer to Residential Treatment Center (RTC)....she will not be able to get away with masking those tests anymore....and maybe THEN it will click, but I doubt even then.
I was a difficult child growing up and ended up putting myself in rehab - probably a cry for attention more than anything else. But I had to hit a lot of lows in my life before I straightened my act out and I don't think it will be much different for her, unfortunately. :(

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Even the smallest of respite is welcome, isn't it? I'm glad you had peace of mind this weekend and that difficult child was so pleasant and compliant. Prayers being sent that she can keep that up for the month (and beyond!). Allow yourself to enjoy the small moments like these. Hugs~

P

PatriotsGirl

Well, I think difficult child is heading to an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) shortly - her PO just called and left a voicemail saying she needed difficult child's health insurance information. That is the only reason I can think that they would want that and I do know that drug tests come back from the lab on Mondays....while the stuff she took may have passed her at first, the lab could have caught what ever she took.

If this is the case, do I tell her that she is going or do I let her PO tell her?

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
If it's really the case - DON'T tell her.

If they think she needs to know, the PO will tell her... But probably not. Rabbiting is probably the most immediate thing that could happen. Think the only reason Onyxx didn't when husband mentioned it is she just didn't think he would follow through. And she was right.

P

PatriotsGirl

I am actually nervous - I feel like I am the one in trouble!! Why is that??? It would be so much easier if we were coming off a weekend where she was her "monster" self....but now, I kind of feel bad. Why do I feel guilty for sending her to a place that could help her??? She has put herself here. I don't know why I would feel guilty, but I do. Parental guilt stinks.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am actually nervous - I feel like I am the one in trouble!! Why is that??? It would be so much easier if we were coming off a weekend where she was her "monster" self....but now, I kind of feel bad. Why do I feel guilty for sending her to a place that could help her??? She has put herself here. I don't know why I would feel guilty, but I do. Parental guilt stinks.

I hear ya, girl... But... Better than living in a prison, that you have to create to keep her safe...

TerryJ2

Do not tell her. Let the PO do it.
I'm glad she's behaving and that for the time being, off the drugs. Isn't it great when you can see her real personality come through?
Best of luck.

P

PatriotsGirl

I was wrong. She needed to know the type of insurance she had for an audit? I am not sure, but she did pass the drug test. And she is still behaving. I am enjoying every moment without getting false hopes that this is permanent ;) Respite is sooo nice, isn't it? And yes it is amazing how different they are when they are not strung out!!!