first weekend with-o difficult child

Jena

in a really long time..... it's been months literally. I lost count. We slowly edged up to overnights with-dad again the past 4 weeks since home. I didn't want to slam her, even though she'd been begging.

also we all know how umm responsible he is! so here's hoping she's having a good one like MOM IS!!!!

last night i watched a movie ALONE with my candy! today i went took a drive alone, got starbucks ( do that everytime sh'es gone) again ALONE!

i even walked thru mall got a cheap pair of boots for 20 since puppy ate mine. for those of you who dont' function with-o alone time i dont' know how you do it. i've become so accustomed to being divorced and ex taking her every other weekend. it's like my oxygen seriously.....

just to not have her ontop of me and thinking every moment how to handle her, what's the plan of the day.

going to watch another movie alone, eat more candy :) only down fall is another episode of swollen all over. yet i popped alot of motrin to get thru.

husband and i are heading into city tmrw. i'm excited to see Mary Poppins, and he's taking me to dinner. we'll be paying this off for the next year lol. Yet a little apprehensive we haven't spent the entire day together since our honeymoon, or even just a night. we'll wake up together spend day go to sleep together. we'll c how that all shakes out!! LOL. we have marriage counseling again Monday so i'm sure we'll be able to resolve whatever we fight about tmrw. :)

Monday i get my first riding lesson, difficult child's trainer is going to teach me how to jump. We're alloting for me to go every few weeks right now, both kids therapy is costing a fortune. yet i can't wait to get on the horse. pain or no pain i'm riding! so monday he'll watch kids at 4 and i get a whole hr and a half to myself.

just had to share some positives always flinging my negative around. i was laying in bed last night singing mary poppins songs lol. he was like omg

H

HaoZi

Yay! Hope tomorrow at Mary Poppins is everything you hope it will be, too!

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope you have a great time tomorrow!! I am glad you got time to yourself today and then tomorrow you get a mini honeymoon again!!

The mary poppins song reminded me of when husband and I went to Disney. Wiz was 11 weeks old and we had taken him to FL so that my gma could meet her great grandson. She was ill and we didn't think she would live much longer. As a very small child my parents took me to Disney and I fell in love with Its a Small World. After we got home we got a DisneyWorld album - I literally wore that song out playing it over and over. The record is much thinner on that song only. So most of the entire month after we went I sand or hummed that song. husband said it was not a mood enhancer, lol!

Enjoy Mary Poppins, the memories of it as a child, and do all you can to NOT fight with husband tomorrow - focus on the good stuff and cherish the together time!!

TerryJ2

Oh, how nice!

I know exactly what you mean about having difficult child all over you, all the time. It seriously is like not being able to breathe.

Best of luck with-the counseling. Heck, it's sort of like time alone together. ;)

So you're an English rider? I don't know any Western jumpers. ;) Have fun!

Estherfromjerusalem

Jena, enjoy every minute! I know how marvellous it is to be without one's difficult child. Mine is 24 years old and it is now almost two weeks since he took off for Australia. It is just an amazing feeling not to have that pressure around me. I must admit, it is taking some getting used to, but that is not a grumble, it is a wonderful thing to get used to.

I hope you have had a wonderful time without her (and I'm not being nasty).

Love, Esther

svengandhi

Jena -

Enjoy the show and the alone time with husband. My oldest boys saw it about 5 years ago (very long story) and said it was OK, but they were 6th and 10th grade boys. Their tastes ran more to Spamalot.

Sven