FitDay diet and exercise journaling

Has anyone tried out the FitDay online journal? It is located at

http://www.dietfacts.com/fitframe.asp?i=16916

It is free of charge, and does take a little bit of time to set up. It is very easy to use once you have it up and running. Basically you record everything you eat (as well as your daily activities) and the online assistance tracks your calories , nutrition, and activities. I love the graphs and reports that show how your behavior is matching your goals.

I've been regularly entering my intake and exercise for 2 months now. It has been a real eyeopener in terms of just how much I am eating and relation to how much I am burning off. The good news is that I have lost 11 pounds in the two months. I don't really feel like I am dieting, I am just recording and observing my intake as opposed to my outgo.

I highly recommend the site!

LittleDudesMom

I don't use that service, I actually journal my intake in my WW journal. That is a point calculator as opposed to calories. But, the WW point system is based on the relationship between fiber, fat, and calories together.

Like you, I like to graph and see things in pictures. It helps me visualize my success or stumbles. I actually graph, on my own on a piece of regular graphpaper I took from easy child's school supplies, my weight loss and my inches lost.

Thanks for posting the link. I'm sure a number of folks will be going to take a look. Are you going to join us here?

Sharon

Thanks Sharon,

I think I will join. I've really gotten hooked on the journalling and love the bonus of the slow, steady weight loss! I've never tried WW, but many of my friends swear by it.

I haven't tried the FitDay on-line journal but it sounds like an excellent tool. Thanks for posting about it. I think it really does help when you write everything down and become aware of your eating and exercising habits. I used to do it. You are positive proof that it works!!!

Congratulations on your success!!! You're doing great!!! I hope you visit and post here regularly. WFEN

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
I use www.sparkpeople.com. They have a nutrition calculator where you enter what you eat and how much water you drink, and an exercise calculator for keeping track of calories burned. Sounds very similar. The thing I like best about sparkpeople is the recipe search. And you can enter a recipe and calculate the nutrition information. They also have message boards for support and tons of articles and tips on nutrition, health, and fitness. Everything is feree. I hadn't heard of fitday - I'll check it out!

Genny