Flat tires come at the darn'dest times.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What a day this is starting out to be!

Somehow I turned off my alarm and went back to sleep at 5:30am when I was SUPPOSED to get up and give difficult child 1 his medications so he could be on time for his orchestra sectionals/finals today. I woke up with a start at 6:37am and ran downstairs in a panic since he's supposed to be there by 6:45am. Turns out, he forgot to set his alarm, too. :( And then he had to sit in the bathroom for a bit because his IBS is acting up lately. (double :( )

husband ran him down the hill to school, and when he came back, he asked me to go outside with him. My truck has a flat.

Now it wouldn't be that big of a deal, except that I have to take difficult child 2 and our carpooler kid to school at 8:15am. And although husband planned to take easy child to school at 7:30am, he has a psychiatrist appointment at 9am and it's a good 45min away (without traffic), more likely an hour. So he can't help with the boys.

To further complicate things, I'm supposed to help in easy child's library today at 11am. Not to mention needing to pick her up from school eventually (the other two are covered with ways home).

So I'm standing there (pre-coffee, mind you!) trying to sort out the logistics in my head when it dawned on me that our carpool kid mentioned that his dad just took early retirement, so I'm thinking hey! Maybe Mr. W can take the morning route! I call, and he's happy to come get difficult child 2.

So that frees up husband to go to his appointment after dropping easy child, and I just may be able to limp down to the shop to get this tire fixed before having to get over to the library.

Meanwhile, husband has a bagel in the toaster and askes me to put something on it when it's done while he finishes getting dressed for work. I hand it to him and they zip off, and husband says over his shoulder, "by the way, my belt broke!" :( I just didn't have the heart to tell him there was mold on his bagel...:sick:

I'm debating on calling AAA to help with the flat rather than try to drive on it... that may be the more prudent thing to do. Our driveway is on a slope, and I just don't feel comfortable trying to change a tire on an incline.

Please pray for calm and order today. Failing that, a nice glass of merlot will do. :whiteflag:

P.S. While I managed to get dressed and even put on a bra in all the excitement, I just noticed my shirt's on backwards, too!

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Oh sheesh! Not a way to start a morning off well.

Glad you have AAA. Changing a tire on an incline can be interesting to say the least.

Im giggling about the bagel though.

Star*

call 911........call 911
FEAR NOT LASS.........

STRESS RELIEVER SHOULD BE IN THE MAIL BOX TODAY......EVEN IF YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY.....YOU CAN SIT IN THE VAN....and just EASE YOUR WAY INTO A TENSION FREE EVENING.....and I'm telling you .....a glass of MERLOT???

VAH VAH VOOHMMMMMMM BAYYYYYYY BABEEEEEEE:tongue: