Flexeril Update

F

flutterbee

After the horrible GERD reaction and 3 hours after I took the one little 10mg pill, I got sooooooooo sleepy that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I went to bed around 10:30, slept until 9:45AM (only got up then cause easy child woke me up - was supposed to take the cat to the vet but couldn't get her in the damn carrier - she's dangerous with her claws), went back to bed at 11:35 and slept until 4PM.

Don't think I'm taking that again. :sick:

Called my doctor's office when I got up at 4PM, but my doctor is out on Friday's and the other doctor had already left for the day so won't hear anything til Monday. The nurse did say not to take it again. Ha! Like I was gonna. I do have a few skelaxin that I paid for since insurance wouldn't cover it and we weren't going to know anything til the next day (only got 3 because 30 was $121), so I'll take those and hope they get me through the weekend.

In the meantime, I have 89 more flexeril. Such a waste. The insurance companies waste more money than they save, I'm sure of it.

N

Nomad

I am soooo sorry.
I get stomach problems with many medications.
I take Axid now several nights a week. This is because I take medications every night to prevent migraines. I find an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I always take it when I take extra medication for other issues.
Last night, due to muscle issues, I took Flexeril. I have the 10 mg. tablets...but also find that they make me very tired. I break them in half. I always take this with an Axid tablet.
This has given me the best overall results.
by the way, I can't take any of the typical stomach medications. They are technically called Proton Pump Inhibitors. They make my headaches worse. Axid was prescription only, but you can now get it over the counter at many pharmacies.

F

flutterbee

I started taking Prilosec a week or so ago because of the GERD issues. No official diagnosis, just strong symptoms and my doctor said to take it. After about 4 or 5 days, no more GERD issues. It was so intense and got that way in about in about 20 seconds after it started last night and I thought it was my heart with the way it felt. I took some maalox which helped, but I was ready to call an ambulance thinking I was having another heart attack. It was that severe. It was in my throat, back, neck, and had pain in my teeth and ears. Those were my heart attack symptoms.

I started to panic, but fortunately kept my cool long enough to take the maalox and give it a couple of minutes and then was going to try nitro...but I didn't have to, thankfully.