fluid in lungs?

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Hi ladies, when I was tired of being 100 lbs over weight I started ww's (a month ago) and started going to the gym like a mad woman, I felt great and was running 3 miles on the elliptical every day and then all of a sudden I woke up and couldn't breathe, it felt like there was a lead weight on my chest. I went to dr's and they said my heart was fine, white blood cell count was fine, thyroid is fine, but my lungs were full of fluids. They put me on antibiotics and steriods and it didn't help, went back today and they sent me for a chest CT to rule out a pulmonary embolism. CT place said it's not an PE but they can't say more so now I am waiting on Dr's call, this stinks! I am being punished for finally getting in shape (pouts):hangin:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I don't think it's that!!! LOL but I understand.

Are you feeling better at least? Missed that part... Sigh... Brain dead today.

HUGS!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi Amaze!

Well I am so happy to hear that you are working on your weight loss! GOOD for you! Congratulations! I have no earthly idea what the lung fluid is being caused by, but I do know that I am very greatful you are in good hands with a doctor because it could be so many things. I also know lungs are complicated, and you were very right to get to an MD quickly so they can get to the bottom of your mystery quickly and get you back on the road to good health! - And more spinning! (Oh I don't know how you do it, I tried it and thought - WOW this is tough - you must have the thighs of a goddess) lol

Keep us updated!

Hugs & Prayers -
Star

Steely

Running 3 miles on the treadmill - wow girl - I am jealous - that is awesome!!!
I don't have a clue what is going on - but I am sure it will be OK. Did you have some rapid weight loss during this time that could have lead to some fluid build up?
Be kind to yourself, and don't worry, it will be fine.

H

HaoZi

He rule out walking pneumonia? Hope you're back to healthy soon, I could never do 3 miles on those things!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Thanks ladies...hopefully I will have the results 2morrow....kinda scared but trying to stay optimistic! No Goddess Thighs or rapid weight loss either LOL only in my dreams!

nvts

Believe it or not, pulmonary edema can result from some lung infections...even the flu! Salt increase can do it as well. Naturally it could be other things, but very simple things can do it. Do you clean with bleach or ammonia? The fumes plus the exercise could have caused irritation that can cause edema as well.

Keep your chin up - wait to see - worry doesn't accomplish anything other than give you wrinkles.

Oh, and by the way, I'm totally jealous! I've got skinny legs but my "flabdomen" is a nightmare!

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Great job with the exercise!!! I'm trying to get motivated in that direction.........if the weather would just warm up a tad more it might help. lol

You've got my curiosity up with the fluid in the lungs. Guessing he's ruled out pneumonia, PE has been ruled out........allergies perhaps? Maybe all that walking outside?

Very doubtful it's triggered by the exercise. Which means you won't have to stop......unless doctor doesn't want you to until he figures out what is going on.

I get fluid in my lungs if I'm not careful and eat salt........these days it doesn't even have to be a lot of salt. Discovered this when husband tried to be nice and treat me to Wendy's. Which now serves all it's food with sea salt, which is better for you.......except they use so much (too much, you're to actually use very little for the same taste) that I gag. Stupid me choked it down anyway.........and paid the price for 3 days. ugh But I have kidney issues in a big way. This is actually sometimes how I find out something I've eaten has hidden salt in it......stinks, but I don't eat it again.

DammitJanet

Fluid in lungs can also be pulmonary edema or congestive heart failure but I would have assumed they would have drawn off the fluid to test for that. I know they did when my dad had fluid in his lungs. When I had a pulmonary embolism, I didnt have fluid in my lungs. I just had the clot in my artery.

H

HaoZi

I totally don't get the thing with seasalt. Maybe it's from growing up on the coast, but to me it tastes like ocean - dead things and fish poop.