Following up with my dr today...as instructed!

KTMom91

I have a dr appointment at 4:30 to follow up re: my visit to the ER on Friday. Wonder what they're going to tell me?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good for you.

Let us know what the doctor says and plans to do.

How have you been feeling since the ER trip?

Hugs

KTMom91

This was with my primary care physician. My blood pressure has been getting higher, bit by bit, over my last six visits. Because of the higher blood pressure and the diabetes, my heart is enlarged. We went over the "you need to lose weight" thing, and I told him that I'm discouraged and desperate, because it seems like nothing works...that I'm so desperate to lose weight I'm considering bariatric surgery. I don't know what else to do. Dr is starting me on phentermine, says he has other patients that have had great success with it. Two months on, one month off, etc. I think if I can just get some momentum, I can continue, and of course, once my weight goes down, so does the diabetes/high blood pressure/high cholesterol/etc. If this doesn't work, the surgery is the next thing.

I have my regularly scheduled appointment with the NP next week to discuss how well I'm managing my diabetes. Gotta get the blood work done tomorrow.

tiredmommy

So... we need to support you in:

1. losing weight
2. controlling your diabetes
3. lowering your blood pressure

Who's up for this? Let's get started in the Healthful Living Forum... see you there!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mary, honestly I'm glad the doctor is trying this first, as healing and diabetes........ehhh not such a good thing, and it's an involved surgery. Plus I now know 2 people who have done it, both with enormous success.......but with a price. Make sure before even toying with the idea to research if carefully.

While I'm doing my big cleaning.........I'll keep an eye out for my cookbooks. They're heart healthy and are low salt, low cholesterol, low fat recipes high in nutrition, filling, and most of them I've been able to try so far are very yummy. I may even PM you the Title and Author so you can look in to picking up some copies for yourself. The one book I have has how to balance out the daily meals vs what you should be having in fat, carbs, protein, salt, ect. Even does some food conversions as I recall.

Due to easy child's hypothyroidism, her fam doctor gives her half the normal dose of adapex (sp) for a week to get her started. I week is enough to help control her appetite (a big issue for her) long enough for her stomach to shrink to more normal size so she eats more normal portions. She's had to do it after each baby, as her body's metabolism won't kick in to start shedding the extra preg weight on it's own. It works for her. The jump start she needs to get started.

Hugs

H

HaoZi

Have to agree, sounds like a good doctor. I'll be following your health, too. Mrs. Dash is your friend, Morton's is not.

DDD

Sounds like a plan. I'm sure it's scarey setting so many goals but I'm sure you can do it! DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a diet that WILL MAKE YOU LOOSE WEIGHT -

I have lost 150 lbs,
it's easy -
it's easy-
it lets you eat almost anything you want

Its based on portion control, low sugar content, I GUARANTEE in one month you will loose at mininum of 20 lbs and 2 sizes if you do NOT cheat.

YOU EAT MORE - (like that huh?) you are not hungry (except for the first week at night - only struggle) and I am living proof it works.

It's DOCTOR APPROVED and it kept me and DF out of Bariatric surgery - which is something you will have to monitor once a month for the rest.of.your.life.

I have PRE-DIABETES now instead of type 1 diabetes. I have NO HBP....I have gone from a sz 22 to a size 7-8 in a year and 1/2
I have pictures. Feel free to PM me - I'll send you a text of my before and after and the name of my Nurse practitioner. To verify.

I will be GLAD to tell you all about it -

busywend

Ktmom - I am a firm believer in try everything else before any surgery. I regret having surgery to remove a gland - I have lasting physical issues from it.

Good luck - you can do it!