Food Network/HGTV thing

Lothlorien

Who else is being affected by this battle with the cable co and these channels? I am lost without Food Network! I love this channel. I watch the majority the shows, especially on Monday nights, because there is nothing on Monday nights that I am particularly interested in.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Not us, but we were just subjected to the Time Warner vs. Fox pizzing match. I thought it was pretty ridiculous.

TPaul

Idecor8
Thank God that our cable company is not having this war. I don't know what I would do without HGTV, lol lol, I tend to watch it alot. Well, more than alot, I have seen all the shows to the point now that every episode is a rerun I have seen. Can't wait for the new shows coming soon. Looking forward to the Design Star, Antonio, new show. Think it will be interesting.

Tpaul

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I wouldn't even bother with cable if I didn't need broadband... I don't watch much TV. However... I do like the History Channel, Discovery, and Food Network & HGTV...

klmno

I heard about that but didn't really listen long enough to find out what is behind it.

The complaint I have with my company is switching channels around too often. I don't get premium channels like HBO but I also enjoy some basic cable stuff and get so aggravated when I'm having to scan thru to find them.

DammitJanet

I have Dish so this isnt an issue for me but I know recently something went on with time warner and another channel here. I think they dropped a local channel of all things.

One thing I think is totally stupid is the way packages are sold for cable and satellite systems. Why on earth cant consumers just look at the stations offered and pick out which they want? They could still say...Ok...you can have a 50 channel line up but pick the 50 channels you want. I could care less about shopping channels. I have 250 channels with all sorts of junk I dont want just so I can get the stuff I do want! There are only probably 30 stations we actually watch...lol.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Janet, this is my big beef with cable companies as well. In order to get the channels I actually want, I have to sign up for a specific package that invariably includes a lot of stuff I don't want or need.

I mean, who needs four versions of ESPN

Lothlorien

We have over 100 channels of non-english, but I can't have Food Network! Last year, they made channels like TLC and History channels that I can't get withou a cable box, so I can only get them on the tv in my bedroom and living room. I refuse to pay for more than the two cable boxes. Now this. I would probably bet that this is going to be the same thing with Food Network once they resolve this, which is going to tick me off, since I watch Food Network on my Kitchen tv all the time. I used to watch TLC and History on my kitchen tv too.

TPaul

Idecor8
Use a cable spittler or slicer. Sold at any electronics store. There are the same things the cable company uses to run lines to more than one room. Add the amount of cable needed that you buy also, and you have the needed outlets. Not a crime. I am paying for service to my house. The cable company diverts the stream to make it cheaper and easier for them.

Tpaul