Food stamps for fast food - REALLY???????

DammitJanet

Yes Haozi. Sometimes you simply have to do what you have to do in order to work with the rules that are there. Even the people who work inside the mammoth system know this and will let those who are in real need know the ins and outs. Its actually not that hard to learn. The manuals are online.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
What I'm reading is exactly it!

See... I've gotten some designer stuff at thrift stores. And looking decent isn't really an issue for me. It's the nonessentials that drive me batty.

I don't really qualify for help. And... The only help I have ever tried to get was reduced-price lunches for the kids. That's it. When I was unemployed back when (15+ years ago), I did go to unemployment, but after they lost my paperwork 4x I just gave up.

I don't think you should have to commit fraud to get help, though. Yes, the money is considered an asset. It's unfortunate, but... There it is.

in my opinion, the truly poor are some of the most hardworking people I've ever met. It's a stereotype that the poor are lazy - it's just not true for the most part. BUT - there ARE people scamming the system. Not as many as some reports might have you believe - but they do exist.

It's those people I have an issue with.

And... Some of the stuff that is available for food stamps burns me because I can't afford it... That's all.