Football fans anywhere? Superbowl predictions?

BusynMember

I have no idea if anyone but me is fanatically a football fan, but thought I'd give it a try. I am primarily an uber Green Bay Packers fan and, although we ended up second seed, we have been erratic this year and will not win the Superbowl. We will never get past Seattle. If we get that far, we will end.

Ok, like I said, if anyone is a football fan, like me, can we make Superbowl predictions?

I am guessing that Seattle will play the Patriots (one of my least favorite teams, but a continiously great one).

Of those two, I would say it will be close, but Seattle will win. They have been nothing short of amazing down the stretch. I have a Wisconsin love affair with Russel Wilson, Wisconsin boy, so this would be my pick and my hope. Next to Aaron Rodgers, Wilson is my favorite QB.

I can't imagine anyone getting past either Seattle or the Patriots this year. If this is the Superbowl, it would be a very good game.

Anyone else even care? LOLOL :)

dstc_99

Well I can definitely say that HLM and I are rooting for Seattle to win. I also think playing the Patroits would be an awesome way to finish the year.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm a die hard Packer fan having grown up in Green Bay. I'm hoping they go all the way to the Super Bowl and win it all!!

BusynMember

You lived in Green Bay? Wow!

Well, I hope we go all the way too. But I'm very logical and I just can't see us beating Seattle in Seattle and then the Patriots. We have been great and mediocre and even bad this year. Our special teams is horrible (cringe). Our offense is great. I think Rodgers is the best QB in football. Nelson and Cobb are fantastic.

But it is what it is. Seattle has beaten us in Seattle for two years and they have a really great offense and defense. I think we could beat anybody except Seattle and the Patriots. So my logical mind has decided that if we unexpectedly win the SB, I'll celebrate like it's Christmas again with the rest of us from Wisconsin. But I don't think it's logical that this is the year.

Too bad too. Rodgers deserves more than one SB in his career. He has been playing at such a Hall of Fame level. I think he is way better than Favre was because he's far more accurate.

I always miss football when it's over. Every Sunday hubby and I make a day of football watching. When it's over, each year it feels like a loss to us. I don't really watch baseball, which is the next big sport up.

Jabberwockey

I always miss football when it's over. Every Sunday hubby and I make a day of football watching. When it's over, each year it feels like a loss to us.
Must be nice! I may get to watch one full game every Sunday before I have to switch because its boring Lil to death! Although she will watch the SB with me even though its mainly for the commercials! No real predictions but I wont be at all surprised to see Seattle on SB Sunday. Personally, I'm routing for the Cowboys. They have a chance but we will see.

Wiped Out

Staff member
MWM-Remember we beat the Patriots once this year-you never know, it could happen again. Then again we could lose right off the bat, like you said we have played great, mediocre, and horrible. I'm going with the thought that Seattle peaked too soon!

I love football like crazy! College on Saturdays (obviously I cheer for Michigan) and Packers on Sundays! I also miss football when it's done.

BusynMember

Jabby, lol. Both me and my hubby have football and sports in common (we don't like baseball). We really enjoyed having such an athletic daughter! My husband coached her teams when she was young.

As for the Cowboys, I have always disliked them...lol. Has a bit to do with their owner and the divas he doesn't mind dealing with (TO). But, this week we will be cheering madly for them as we want them to knock the Lions and that thug Suh out of the playoffs. If they do, I believe they come to Green Bay. Should be an interesting game as we are very cold here now. The Cowboys have been good this year. I think Romo is sort of an on-again, off-again good/mediocre QB. Without a doubt, the Cowboys would give us a run for our money. As would the Lions, although I don't think they come to play us even if they win....

You can come over here and watch with us...lol.

BusynMember

MWM-Remember we beat the Patriots once this year-you never know, it could happen again. Then again we could lose right off the bat, like you said we have played great, mediocre, and horrible. I'm going with the thought that Seattle peaked too soon!
We beat them at Lambeau. It was great, but I don't think we get the chance to play them here again. Frankly, I"m more afraid of Seattle. I think they are better. Both would be a real challenge.

I'm not that into college football, thank goodness!!! When my daughter is home though the only think on television, when there are games, is college basketball, both mens and womens. It's hard not to watch with her as she is so enthusiastic.

Jabberwockey

I understand how you feel about the Cowboys. I picked them in 1976 when I was 10 years old. What a shock! A 10 year old boy picking a team called the Cowboys!!! LOL! Anyway, I hate it when people switch their "favorite" team every year IE whichever team looks to go all the way that year. That lack of loyalty sickens me. I'm not a fanatic but enjoy watching the game. Yes, I'm hoping Suh gets his comeuppance in spades! I didn't watch that game but saw the footage. How in the HELL did he manage to get away with that! The first step....MAYBE was an accident....MAYBE! The second one, not a chance. I agree with you about Romo but he has been playing pretty solid for the last month or so. If we get knocked out of the running though, I will join you in supporting GB!

BusynMember

Thanks, Jabby!!!!
I definitely don't switch teams. Even when we are horrible, I support us, even if I can barely watch.

Romo is either great or bad. If we get him great, we're in trouble. He reminds me a lot of Eli Manning, who I feel is overrated in my expert (cough, cough) opinion. Both have good games/bad games and are prone to interceptions. But when Eli is on, he is also on and we sure learned that when he traipsed his team all over the Packers in Green Bay the second year they won the SB.

Our QB isn't normally on/off, but our defense is. We never know if they are going to show up. And our special teams never show up. So, all in all, it should be interesting and I still pick the Seahawks and Patriots for the SB and, if so, will be screaming loudly for the Seahawks and Wisconsin college boy Russ Wilson :)

Lil

I may get to watch one full game every Sunday before I have to switch because its boring Lil to death!

Hey! I resent that totally accurate remark. LOL Football makes me sleepy. Literally, turn on the game and even if I'm reading or on the laptop, I can't keep my eyes open. But I try! I really truly do try!
:bored:

BusynMember

Look at it this way, Lil. If you need sleep and nothing else works, you can always find some football game to watch and it should do the trick for you ;)

I feel that way about my husband's old WWII movies that he loves to watch.

dstc_99

I used to hate football other than highschool which I only watched because difficult child cheered. I will admit to watching the University of Kentucky's football teams especially when Cobb played.

Then we moved here! Omg these people are so fanatical and fun! I loved the feel of it! Fell in love and haven't looked back yet! Seattle fans are pretty awesome if I have to say so myself!

BusynMember

Oh, the Packers are a religion in Wisconsin. It is unbelievable. It is electric. Everytime they play, the Packer jerseys are everywhere. If ya want to get groceries without a crowd, go shopping during a Packers game...lol.

I do like the Seahawks right now. I think they have an excellent chance to repeat!!!!