For all the Book-worms!

Pink Elephant

Upon coming across this picture, I thought, what a great topic of conversation this would make, knowing all the bookworms we have here in our midst.

Is there a special little hole in the wall store/shop (or haunt) where you buy your books from?

Are the books new or old?

How often do you visit the store/shop?

Does the shop offer-up the likes of a place to sit-down and read, or a cup of coffee or tea with?

How long do you typically spend perusing the isles and shelves at your favourite book store?

What sorts of books do you like? Mystery? Murder? Romance?

38af1571b99fd3babfe2979d58925544.jpg

Pink Elephant

That is sad.

We have three great book stores still, one of which is a used book store for the most part, with a little new, too. It's my favourite haunt! They have it all.

Pink Elephant

Is there a special little hole in the wall store/shop (or haunt) where you buy your books from? Sure is, and I always make sure that the parking metre is plugged, because I know once I', inside, I always seem to loose myself.

Are the books new or old? Both, and the books are all in excellent condition.

How often do you visit the store/shop? Twice a month (at least).

Does the shop offer-up the likes of a place to sit-down and read, or a cup of coffee or tea with? One of our old ones did, but that one closed down a number of years ago. Used to love sitting down to a cappuccino and going through a few books/magazines, especially on a wintery or rainy day.

How long do you typically spend perusing the isles and shelves at your favourite book store? Typically nothing less than an hour, but have been known to loose myself for hours. It's my escape from the real world. Another one of my simple pleasures.

What sorts of books do you like? Mystery? Murder? Romance? Murder/Mystery/Detective type stories.

KTMom91

All we have in the area is a Barnes & Noble. I get some books there, but mainly use my Kindle.

I love mystery/suspense, and will read murder, true crime, romance (both historical and contemporary), and young adult/children's on occasion.

Pink, have you read the Tracy Crosswhite series by Robert Dugoni? I think you'd enjoy them. Murder, mystery, and all sorts of detective related things. The latest book is coming out soon. I have it in the queue for review.

Jabberwockey

For us, the best options for "actual" books is online. I think Nancy's Trade a Book might still be open but I doubt it. While I vastly prefer the book in my hand and physically turning pages, I've had to acknowledge the digital trend and get the Kindle app for my phone. I don't think we have an actual book store in town and the nearest would be a half hour away.

Lil

I think Nancy's Trade a Book might still be open but I doubt it.

No...Nancy's (which was a place where you could buy or you could bring in 2 for 1 or something like that) went out of business ages ago.

We do have a local "Book and Toy" that is quite good - front half of the store is books and second half is toys. It just opened a second location. The larger stores, Barnes and Nobel, etc., have all gone out of business.