For ct mom and her family - just because

JJJ

May all of the thoughts and prayers of our 'cd' family help carry you on this very tough part of your journey.

One night I had a dream --
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand;
One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before us,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
There was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life
This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
You would walk with me all the way;
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,
There is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why in times when I
needed you the most, you should leave me.
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious
child. I love you, and I would never,
never leave you during your times of
trial and suffering.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
by
Mary Stevenson

susiestar

Roll With It
You are often in my thoughts and prayers, ctmom. I know how scared I was when my gfgbro spent 2 weeks in the local jail before rehab - and I was just his sister, 800 miles away, and not in the midst of the problems he caused. I also know the breakdown my mother had a year later because she simply refused to deal with all of it until seh couldn't ignore it any more.

PLEASE see someone NOW, and work with alanon also.

I have a mother in law who works with prison systems around the world. She has been to at least 12 other countries, developed and undeveloped, to help them set up reality and choice therapy programs. She also has worked for decades in the prisons in our area, with those sentenced to life in prison. The therapy she uses and teaches really helps. The "lifers" she works with first use the therapy themselves and then work to teach other inmates the therapy. It has been incredibly successful - even those without hope of life outside the prison have turned themselves around with this. WHEN YOU ARE READY, read either Choice Therapy (the most recent of the 2) or Reality Therapy - both by Dr. Wm Glasser. IT can help YOU with this and help you eventually give difficult child info that might help him. I know it helped us help Wiz, and I believe Star has also read one of his books nad found it helpful.

Again, wait until YOU are ready and able before feeling you need to tackle this.

You are in my prayers always.

KFld

I don't get on here as often as I would like to, so I just saw this and want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers also. I'm so sorry for your pain ((((((((hugs))))))))))

Sunlight

adding hugs from an old friend to an old friend...also a book suggestion
by Carol Kent I think it is called "Laying my Isaac Down" about her son who went to prison for life.